fun Fridays ride 2018

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
Dickerson is one of my locals. It's small but super fun. Lots of techy rock stuff mixed with some nice flow. Not a ton of elevation but the gardens will leave you exhausted. Great trails for a fat bike @knobbyhead !
I had to sell it, the q factor was bothering my knees. I'm looking to replace it with a 4" fat bike.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
woot welcome aboard, i drive a silver RAM pickup with a jorba sticker in the back window

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
It's German and I'm lazy.

lmao i guess that about covers it, i just find its quicker for me to do it myself than it is to take it in most of the time. (this argument is void if you get a loaner car for free while its in)

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
not bad, but not in a condition that i would consider it a destination park at this point, it needs alot of downed trees cleared, and you need a GOOD guide who knows the trails to put anything together. There are also alot more hiking only trail signs than i remember seeing there.

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
If I can get my front wheel sorted by then I’m game. I tried to ride there with my bent rim a few days ago and it was a terrible idea.

That’s a bummer but probably a wise decision. Save those knees!

so any news on the front wheel? what size do you ride? i have a 26r hardtail and fatty you could potentially ride for the day if you ride a medium

It's German and I'm lazy.

i guess your well funded too :O

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Your best bet is to just ignore those signs and be friendly to any hikers you see.

we may or may not have decided to do just that . . . idr but that doesnt change the fact that the signs are there and seem to be growing in qty. We were just following a map and didnt know the system maybe with a guide its better?

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
dickerson mine was suggested first, so if thats no good we do sterling, or we do sterling on the 27!

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
we may or may not have decided to do just that . . . idr but that doesnt change the fact that the signs are there and seem to be growing in qty. We were just following a map and didnt know the system maybe with a guide its better?

Yeah, there have been discussions about the signs before. They seem to indicate that hiking is the only acceptable use for every trail there. But supposedly that's not the case.

I can give you a GPX file to follow, or I can show you guys around any evening or weekend.

Stef

❤ Brownie Biatch ❤
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah, there have been discussions about the signs before. They seem to indicate that hiking is the only acceptable use for every trail there. But supposedly that's not the case.

I can give you a GPX file to follow, or I can show you guys around any evening or weekend.

@JimN - is there a trail system you HAVENT been on?

Top Bottom