Why is H2H hurting when MASS is doing well?

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Interesting to note, Saturday, June 16th will see a MASS race in south jerz and an H2H race just north of north jerz...
As of Wednesday morning:
MASS - Challenger has 173 pre reg'd. Closes Wednesday night.
H2H - Stewart PI Mousetrap has 165 pre reg'd. Closes Thursday Evening.
Click here to come play bikes at Stewart.

You can subtract 1 from Challenger. I registered before Stewart changed it's date.
I'll be at Stewart. :banana:

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Final preregistration numbers were MASS 312 - Jeremy, so 311. H2H 307. Hmmmm!

We had a shit load of day ofs too.... I'd say it was pretty even.

Both were great courses and pretty far from each other so the XC race community was evenly divided. :)

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
What does this mean? Riingwood and Mooch were in the 170s. That’s a huge bump. Was it location? I honestly think some of it is timing. (When I was racing) I hated the early season races. I only did them to get in shape or get points for the series. One thought is once people get a little more riding in and fitness appears “racing” may seem less daunting.

Just another theory

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
What does this mean? Riingwood and Mooch were in the 170s. That’s a huge bump. Was it location? I honestly think some of it is timing. (When I was racing) I hated the early season races. I only did them to get in shape or get points for the series. One thought is once people get a little more riding in and fitness appears “racing” may seem less daunting.

Just another theory

I've been saying this for awhile. We have the technical courses at the beginning of the year when people have the cobwebs in the legs.

Lewis Morris is at least in a point of the year where people have been riding in good weather for awhile, and importantly for Cat-3, long enough that new bikers may want to dip their toes into racing.

DownhillR3

It means people like racing fast, flowee, non tech courses.
There was no other race at Stewart this year, this was the only mtb race there as far as I know.
Also the location of Stewart draws from upstate NY, Conn, Mass and NJ.
Finally Stewart H2H was a new race, people like checking out new races.

Stewart is a new H2H? Raced Stewart as an H2H back in 2007/08...?

Maybe early season entries are low compared to now because none of us want to pay to race during ALLERGY SEASON! ;)
I agree, people want to race the non-tech stuff. Caters to a larger mass appeal. Let's race at Mahlon.

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
The whole tech thing is a pretty big point. I really think the TSE race ended because it was just too much tech. On the other hand BC Bike race has expanded and sells out. The course has climbing but the flow is amazing (so I’ve been told).

All great points. So we should only have H2H races at fast flowy parks somewhere between Maine and Virginia but not too close to Philly.

Mtbdog

Has there ever been a race at the Tourne? Seems tailor made for a neat 6 miles or so loop. I get the Morris County no food and such like Lew Mo but would be awesome. ☺

Top Bottom