What's Happening This Weekend 5/19 - 5/20 ish

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
giphy.gif

We have some less than optimal weather coming our way, so please keep checking the various groups and threads for up-to-date info and cancellations... Also, I'll be updating this thread throughout the day, so please keep checking back! (And let me know what I've missed!)

THIS WEEKEND:
COMING UP

NEVER TOO EARLY TO MARK YOUR CALENDAR:

Last edited:

MissJR

Team MTBNJ Halter's
received an email (dated 5/15) from Nikki Ragonese:

Upcoming Marty's Womens Rides

A couple of weekly rides going on now!

Mondays at 9:30am I will be leading a beginner women's road ride from Loantaka South Street in Morristown. These rides will be around 15 miles in length, 11-13mph pace, no drop! I may be changing this slightly so that the first Monday of every month will be a beginner mountain bike ride then the other weeks will be back to road rides. Stay tuned for details on that.

Tuesday nights, intermediate coed road ride, leaving from Loantaka South Street as well at 6pm. These rides will be 16mph average pace and about 25 miles in length, the distance will get longer and the pace a bit faster as the summer goes on. These rides are NOT no drop and are aimed at more experienced cyclists.

*** If you would like to be included on her emails, please PM me with your email address and I'll forward it to her

MissJR

Team MTBNJ Halter's
hot damn. i've reached a character limit for the main post... as i find more stuff, i'll post here:

Last edited:

ilnadi

All NICA stuff from this weekend is postponed to the weekend of June 9/10 on account of Rowan College turning into a swamp.

On a related note, will anything other than RV be rideable this weekend? As the petunias said, oh no not again

MissJR

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm thinking most of these weekend rides are going to be cancelled or postponed. I'm trying to update as I see stuff posted. I'll edit some more stuff in the morning, but please double check with organizers before heading out for any of these events.

SSmtbr

If you want to get your gravel on, there’s the Farmers Daughter Gravel Grinder happening on Sunday in Chatham NY so not quite local but doable for day tripping for those of us in the north about 2 hours away. This is my first time doing it but it’s gotten great reviews in the past couple of years.

Cross bikes and even hard tail Mtbs are recommended if you’re into that kind of thing of riding your Mtb 65 miles and 6000+ feet of climbing.

https://www.bikereg.com/farmersdaughter2018

Top Bottom