Generic Pro Road Cycling Thread

I follow this Belgian guy on strava who, along with a bunch of other guys, did a 147 mile ride on mountain bikes yesterday where they hit most of the course.

I follow this Belgian guy on strava who, along with a bunch of other guys, did a 147 mile ride on mountain bikes yesterday where they hit most of the course.
It was probably my the Sportif, or maybe that was Friday. Lots of pictures of peeps falling over the wet cobbles.

Well there you have it, whatever mis-steps, Quick Step had in previously classics campaigns, they reconciled it this year simply embarrassing everyone else at the Ronde.

Poor Sagan. even though he waited too long to try and catch Terpstra, he ran the risk of pulling back Strybar and Gilbert and being outnumbered in a sprint after expending the energy to make the catch. But hey GVA saved his spring by betting Sagan for 5th in the bunch sprint, lol.
DZuBfalU0AAsZmD.jpg

Two more chances for the cobbled guys to claim glory, Scheldeprijs on Wednesday (can anyone beat Kittel here, hopefully, Viviani to make Kittel regret leaving that train behind) and ofcourse Roubaix on Sunday.

I just don’t know how to beat Quick-Steps classics tactics on anything other than a relatively flat stage. Flat stages at least keep the teams with sprinter motivated to chase down the breaks....so...PR maybe? As long as Sagan wears the rainbow jersey, he’s never gonna sneak away...me thinks.

Lordy Lordy, Quick Step is on GD fire.

Is it possible to keep track of the Spanish races this year based on name? IDK what happened but it seems that can't call it the English translation anymore. Vuelta-al-pais-vasco, otherwise know Itzulia Basque Country, otherwise known as Tour of the Basque Country.

Has anyone else noticed this? Used to just be Tour of the Basque Country

Will everyone get their wish for a wet Roubaix?

89e1fc7681b4a2a84252ea6b6634e79b.jpg

Saw a number of things say that there has been a whole generation of riders that have not had a wet Roubaix, the last one being in 2001 or 02. If you remember the Tour from a few years ago, the cobbled day was wet and Froome broken (or further broke) his wrist and other GC peoples hope were killed that day.

Also, Quick Step not happy with Sagan and his "will not work with me comments.

Boonen added: "I don't think Sagan really should talk about a lack of cooperation. He is the one who always starts to drag. He looks to see what is going on, and then he comes forward once and starts waving his hand. If you do that you have to keep your mouth shut."

People are smart, they know they will drag Sagan to the line and he will win the sprint 9 times out of 10.

I think Quick Step is going to go all in for Gilbert to try and get him closer to winning all of the monuments as he already has Flanders, Liege and Lombardi. However, that could be just a decoy.

All the reports are showing lots of water and mud on the cobbles and honestly, I think he ever wins will be the one who crashes the least. Being up front will be even more of a priority that usual, so you can actually see where NOT to go. Going to be some carnage for sure.

Oh shit! That was the rider that went OTB right before the beginning of the cobblestone sections with no one touching him?
It was toward the beginning of Sector 27, Saint-Python. There was a right-hand bend and it looked like he just went straight, OTB, and his bike flew up the embankment.

Is anyone else enjoying watching Froome get flogged atvthe Giro? Reminiscent of Wiggins attempts. Sorry boys, the giro is not the tour. Who knows, maybe he will come back from more than 2’min down like Nibali did that one year, but that means a few guys have to blow up royally, which could happen.

Skujins is one tough MF. He could do the friggin Macarena at the line and I'd still be impressed.

Skujins getting back on the bike after crashing in Stage 2 last year was one of the hardest things to watch. You can't not yell at the screen when he nearly gets t-boned by the other riders trying to cross the road.

Back
Top Bottom