Portland Or

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It's really beautiful but those are not the trails you are looking for.

Yeah I know.

Rent a car for a day and head out to the gorge...Hood River area. Or, as long as you'll have a car, make the 2.5h drive down to Oakridge

Renting a car and going to Hood River sounds plausible. I'll do some research on that one. I know myself, and there is basically zero chance I'm going to drive five hours for one day of riding.

The Circuit bouldering gym was the place to go a few years ago.

Cool, I only did thirty seconds of research, but it seems like there are a bunch of places.

I anticipate being back in Oregon in the near future to climb at Smith Rock, so I'll hopefully have future opportunities to ride the awesome shit out there. Thanks!

dingo369

I second the vote for Hood River. Post canyon trails right behind town, they have a bike park feel fast and flowy, can get pretty crowed on weekends thou. Across the river you have Syncline/Hospital hill a more natural single track feel. I like them both they each have a different feel to them , with that being said they definitely make you climb to have fun.

Hood River Bikes great shop right in town, their web sit has all the info on trail conditions and nice selection of rentals. https://www.hoodriverbicycles.com/
The opening scene is Syncline.

Funny thing, if it's raining in Portland, 90% of the time it will be dry in Hood.

rick81721

Lothar
Yeah I know.

Renting a car and going to Hood River sounds plausible. I'll do some research on that one. I know myself, and there is basically zero chance I'm going to drive five hours for one day of riding.

Cool, I only did thirty seconds of research, but it seems like there are a bunch of places.

I anticipate being back in Oregon in the near future to climb at Smith Rock, so I'll hopefully have future opportunities to ride the awesome shit out there. Thanks!

Looks like Mt Hood is close - no mountain biking there? How about renting a road bike and climbing to the top? Of just climb it?

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
How about renting a road bike and climbing to the top?

worst-idea-ever.jpg

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
I thought post canyon in hood river was a blast. Only an hour outside Portland. From the photos I saw online I was expecting it to be pure freeride but it was mostly flowy. Also as was said before the weather is much different. Portland was wet and hood river was extra dry when I rode there.

Top Bottom