Frenchtown Preserve- new addition to Central Jersey Mtb trails

SSQueen

The boro/state park built several miles of twisty single track last year. The trails are multiuse, but the new orange, blue, and red trails definitely have bikes in mind. Green trail is good for beginners, other trails are more intermediate due to punchy climbs and tight corners. I think there are 2 rocks at the entire park, so hardtail or rigid bikes do well. Not much elevation at the park which caters to the single speed crowd. Horses are on the trails occasionally.
Parking lot is on Horseshoe Bend Rd. It's small, so users need to park respectfully. No portopotty.

Trail map and descriptions are here:

http://njtrails.org/trail/frenchtown-preserve/#simpleContained1

Can the webmaster add this park to the trails list? It would be great to have more riders enjoy the park.

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ha! I take my dog the dog park there some times. Had no idea there were mtb trails...

rlb

Holy scalebar! Tagging @stb222 because he'll appreciate. And this thread needs more tagging.

Hope to make it here and check it out.

Robin

Awesome! I was there over the summer when I had #bumthumb to do some hiking. They were working on the trails then. Relatively close to home so will definitely check out.

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The trails are actually in Kingwood, but be careful in town. Some of the roads have 15mph speed limits and Frenchtown PD enforce it.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Holy scalebar! Tagging @stb222 because he'll appreciate. And this thread needs more tagging.

Hope to make it here and check it out.
Lol, I think they should have went to 4 lines to get proper measurements.
The trails are actually in Kingwood, but be careful in town. Some of the roads have 15mph speed limits and Frenchtown PD enforce it.
lol, Kingwood

chemgirl

Team MTBNJ Halter's
@chemgirl - is this a park you're familiar with?

And @jmanic just because I'm gonna tag you.

Yes, I ride there quite a bit! Nice trails if you live locally. Too small to be a destination ride. About an hour of trail without repeating yourself. Tight and twisty. I think there are only about three parking spots. It doesn’t drain well so the trials are probably wet right now.

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So that's very close to the apartments on 29? Just before leaving town heading south?

SSQueen

There are three access points- one in Frenchtown, one on 12 and one on Horesehoe Bend Rd. The Horseshoe bend access is the only parking lot. @Po123, how do you get on the single track by the river?

Top Bottom