Mountain biking glasses

Mr. E Man

I think it's time for me to get eye protection for the trails... does anyone recommend a certain brand / type of lenses ??

Karate Monkey

Prescription or not? The time before last, I sprung for crizal plastic, and I didn't notice a difference over polycarbonate (which is what he recommended the next time), except my wallet had an extra $250 in it.

My $0.02

thegock

Oakley Radar Path, non polarized for shade/sun mix. Check carefully the % of light transmission on the lenses u want.

But I wear clear Home Depot finest for night rides...

Fire Lord Jim

I use these glasses regularly.
IMG_20180414_210605.jpg

goodvibe

I got some Oakley Flak Jackets after getting some retina damage from a stick. I cannot really wear them because I cannot see once they get dirty. Even with cleaning them every 10 minutes with a microfiber cloth, I just wind up taking them off 15-20 minutes into each ride.

Tim

aka sptimmy43
So I have some Oakley Half Jackets. They are good glasses overall. My problem is that once they fog up I end up taking them off. I sweat like a pig so unless it's windy and dry they will fog up if I am slogging up a tough climb.

Any advice on glasses that are less prone to fogging?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
So I have some Oakley Half Jackets. They are good glasses overall. My problem is that once they fog up I end up taking them off. I sweat like a pig so unless it's windy and dry they will fog up if I am slogging up a tough climb.

Any advice on glasses that are less prone to fogging?

glasses that doesn't sit tight across the forehead will do better - if the curve of the glasses matches the face shape, they look great, but won't vent.
also the headsweats skullcap with the mesh top will direct the sweat away from your face -

fogging in the winter is tough to counter if you breath "up" at all - or wear a face cover.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i have a pair of natives that i wear in the woods (dash XR i think) they have vents in the top to help with fogging, seems to be pretty good unless i stop for a while :/

i wear flack jackets on the road and driving and pretty much any other time i am outside, i may end up getting a set of high contrast lenses for the oakleys and then replacing them with something else for driving, idk yet, i vote oakley for their optics, and all their lenses meet the safety specs (ansi z71 i think).

no matter what you get i feel its important to try them on before you buy to make sure they fit well and ensure that you will have adequate ventilation.

michael.su

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
This thread is probably as good as any to piggyback on. I have very light sensative eyes. A common problem with light colored eyes as I understand. I always have sunglasses on even on overcast days. :-0
Anywho, I gave up on expensive sun glasses because they get lost/broken often.
I dig polarized lenses.
Most sunglasses suck in the woods, very poor visibility. (Too dark) Sometimes a venting problem as well.

Any recommendations? Should I check out the Tifosi? Any cheaper options so I can buy a bunch?

Non prescription...

Top Bottom