2018 BIYF March Madness Double Elimination Tournament

goodvibe

Quick ride on the boardwalk today. It was fat.
IMG_8734.JPG
IMG_8735.JPG
IMG_8740.JPG

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
i got the last citibike today at 47th and park. there's usually a valet station there, but it was late tonite. this, by the way, never happens. if it's the last bike, it's usually broken.

View attachment 66637
That's my spot! I'm in that building between 46/47th. Strange they weren't there. Plenty when I grabbed mine last night.

Kaleidopete

26° and windy today. I rode Old Wawayanda road and it was flooded more than I’ve ever seen. I had to ride about 100 feet through it and I stuck to the edge, but it wasn't good enough, the ice was breaking and the water was too deep and my feet went totally under water filling my boots. I rode back to my car because I have an extra pair of boots, no socks though, damn. I dried my feet and put on the dry boots and rode off. I just wasn’t warming up and I had to cut my ride short. Well I tried. Think I’ll go out later and do a few more miles. I’m trying out a new saddle and adjusting it along my ride.
Well I got back out with warm dry feet and a different saddle to try. Rode up Cherry Ridge through Ferber Circle, not quite as far as Laurel Trail. Wow, a lot of
trees and brush down. I was actually still riding snow up there in places. I don’t think Park services is ever going to clean things up. They just don’t have the crew.

cherry74.jpg

Cherry73.jpg

Last edited:

Kaleidopete

So.......I rode this morning, coming off Pumphouse trail and towards the beach I got a flat on the front.
It was soft, not flat. Shot a co2 in, nothing! Shot another, nothing. Got the hand pump and it wouldn't
pump up. Hand pump removed valve core on the way out. Now flat! Done.
Got home and changed both tires and the saddle. I'm trying a new saddle. Back out for another ride.
I like the saddle. Did a little TM, cutting brush off the trail. Now for a nap.

before
be1.jpg

after
be2.jpg

new tires and saddle
Moonie april01.jpg

Moonie april05.jpg

Kaleidopete

Nice ride today. The NYNJTC is holding their chainsaw certification class today at Wawayanda.
Much needed! These guys need a lot of training for this! First Aid, CPR, + current member of NYNJTC.
Thanks guys! Now I'm just gonna ride.

46.jpg

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Round 3 Elimination Day!

Couple of tight races in the winners' bracket - keep the foot on the pedal! (another bike pun, i am on fire ($20 please))
Nice day out. who is going to put in a 10 hour effort?

Kaleidopete

I had all good intentions of putting in a long ride day, but it turned into TM.
I went to the Twin Bridges trail and saw that a lot of work had been done cutting out large trees.
There was a lot of smaller stuff and brush blocking the trail though. So I started clearing it away to make it rideable.
It seemed like every 15 or 20 feet needed clearing. I finally caught a break and only had brush every now and then.
I took the Red Dot trail back from the crossover trail. Now this was a mess for a while, trees down and more trail brush.
I didn't clean this up because it was a lot more work. Then I came to a spot where the trail workers had been and all
was good from there on. They just came in so far and then quit, to return another day. As I was leaving I met up with
Black Bear Cycle club, the trail workers! We talked a little and I went on my way. They were just starting, back at the
trail work. These guys are the Best! What a great job they do.

still some snow back there
Red dot tree05.jpg

tree work
Red dot tree02.jpg

more tree work
Red dot tree03.jpg

teabagger11

I had all good intentions of putting in a long ride day, but it turned into TM.
I went to the Twin Bridges trail and saw that a lot of work had been done cutting out large trees.
There was a lot of smaller stuff and brush blocking the trail though. So I started clearing it away to make it rideable.
It seemed like every 15 or 20 feet needed clearing. I finally caught a break and only had brush every now and then.
I took the Red Dot trail back from the crossover trail. Now this was a mess for a while, trees down and more trail brush.
I didn't clean this up because it was a lot more work. Then I came to a spot where the trail workers had been and all
was good from there on. They just came in so far and then quit, to return another day. As I was leaving I met up with
Black Bear Cycle club, the trail workers! We talked a little and I went on my way. They were just starting, back at the
trail work. These guys are the Best! What a great job they do.

still some snow back there
View attachment 66824

tree work
View attachment 66825

more tree work
View attachment 66826
Pete I hear you trails are a mess I was in the woods over 5 hours today but my ride was only 2.5 hrs rest was clearing what I could with my saw and my awesome strength!

Kaleidopete

Pete I hear you trails are a mess I was in the woods over 5 hours today but my ride was only 2.5 hrs rest was clearing what I could with my saw and my awesome strength!
Yeah, there is a lot of work needed out there. By me the Black Bear club does a fantastic job all year round.
They put on races in the park and make sure all trails are in good shape. My park only has 4 workers and
if it was left up to them riding would really be hampered. They spend most of their time picking up trash
left by fishermen and picnickers. Hikers and equestrians do very little as far as trail maintenance.

Top Bottom