Middle Earth's Run From Winter 10k

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
He might have been surprised by the race start, where people that are just over a jog, crowd the starting line, and then run side-by-side to block the trail....

I didn't get close enough to the front at the start, but it didn't really affect the race for me. I started out a bit slow because I didn't want to blow up. The first few miles I would just chase after the person in front of me, pass them, and then chase down the next person. I spent the whole second half of the race chasing a group of three, but I wasn't able to catch them. I was planning to keep them in closing distance and sprint past them at the finish, but that last mile hurt too much and they beat me by like 20 seconds.

My official time was 41:53, which is 6:44/mile. I didn't really have any goals or expectations before the race, so I'm pretty happy with the results. If I didn't ride Wildcat three of the four days before the race, and if I didn't have beers the night before, then I might have been able to take 5th overall, but whatev's. I still got to slam three bagels after the race and then got beer from @fidodie, so that's a win in my book.

It was a fun and well run event, and I'll do it again next year.

The Kalmyk

I have no idea how I missed this thread. I would have registered and raced!

Next year!

My wife saw this thread and asked me why it didn’t tell her. I didn’t catch this thread till Pat mentioned a foot race in a pm.

Can someone link results. I want to show the wife.

Peabs83

glad you all had a great time, I has the guy in the Orioles jacket running around doing a million things. I agree with the soundtrack but i guess he doesnt have much family friendly tunes to play. i am still cold i dont know how you ran in it! thanks for coming out guys!

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
And for your viewing pleasure....
LVI_4090.JPG
LVI_4110.JPG
LVI_4124.JPG
LVI_4040.JPG
LVI_4259.JPG

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
depends on the measuring system - time, yes. age graded performance, no.
jim drinks better beer than rick.

That sounds like the most made up thing ever :p

How much more would I have had to beat him by to win at "age graded performance?"

Patrick

Staff member
That sounds like the most made up thing ever :p

How much more would I have had to beat him by to win at "age graded performance?"

compuscore used to send postcards with age graded results!

11.Rick Belle Mead,NJ 59 M 114 49:03.21 7:54 66.24%
12.James Parsippany,NJ 37 M 94 41:52.69 6:44 64.95%
24.Patrick Branchburg,NJ 54 M U 82 52:11.61 8:24 59.56%

http://www.compuscore.com/agegrade.htm

you are lucky rick isn't 60 - he'd have really buried you :p

to answer your question...49s more - 41:03 per https://www.runnersworld.com/tools/age-grade-calculator

which would have made you 5th overall, and sprinting against 3-7 for third place.....just saying.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
which would have made you 5th overall, and sprinting against 3-7 for third place.....just saying.

That was my plan when I was chasing that group for most of the race, but that last mile was rough. Next year I'll do some 6 mile runs before the race, I won't get drunk the night before, and I'll try to give my legs a little more rest too. Maybe.

rick81721

Lothar
That was my plan when I was chasing that group for most of the race, but that last mile was rough. Next year I'll do some 6 mile runs before the race, I won't get drunk the night before, and I'll try to give my legs a little more rest too. Maybe.

Haha better luck next year Jim!

PS I turn 60 in 6 weeks

Mare

In. This will be my first ever running race/event, and I'm only doing it to kick @fidodie's ass.
Jeez. If you are going, I might have to go. Guess I better up my training.

Edit: Oops. This was your post from last year. But the same applies to 2019.

Patrick

Staff member
Jeez. If you are going, I might have to go. Guess I better up my training.

Edit: Oops. This was your post from last year. But the same applies to 2019.

you can take my spot. he spotted me 6.2 minutes.
you go t this.

Top Bottom