huffster

Man, if any place scream “tubeless”, it’s HM and all those square edged rocks!

Last edited:

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
More tough love - you can ride High Mountain on a HT and flats. :p:p
I got RF chesters pedals for the interim and when I was at Allaire couple of weeks ago, I was riding with my hiking boots on and my feet were all over the place. Maybe I should get some shin guards. The sad part is, I actually got shoes for plat pedals from @Mr.Moto a week or so before the fire but they were also in the garage.... :(

With the FS, I was getting lazy and sloppy... not picking lines all that much. I guess I can consider this period as getting back to fundamentals. I still had tons of fun at HM on my Talon with flat pedals when I first started. The rocks at HM will surely feel bigger on the HT and I prolly wont be able to bomb down some descents as fast I have done with a FS but fun will be had. I also forecast there will be few more crashes as well.

At this point, if the Talon sells... I am really gonna be sad to see her go. She has been with me thru thick and thin!

huffster

Just to be transparent and make sure you know I am teasing...

I don't currently have a FS bike in my stable. I would like to have one, but funding does not permit at the moment. If I had one, I would likely select it when riding High Mountain.

Also, on the flat pedal subject. When I started riding MTB regularly I rode flats because that's what was on the bike. I then caught the bug for clip-less. I really liked it and noticed the published benefits. I did that until I hit the first winter. I could not keep my toes warm and did not have the dough for Lakes/Wolvhammers. So, I returned to platforms and wore hiking boots w/toe warmers. I've never gone back. I don't know why. It just feels natural to me. So, I think if you do it routinely, you adapt and remember to adjust your technique.

No matter what, ride and enjoy!

qclabrat

okay, let's do this
Sunday opened up for me so looking for an AM ride
Reports say LewMo is doing well though expect some downed trees

Post up if interested, 8AM start for a 2-3 hr ride

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
okay, let's do this
Sunday opened up for me so looking for an AM ride
Reports say LewMo is doing well though expect some downed trees

Post up if interested, 8AM start for a 2-3 hr ride
In!
Can we not get lost this time? lol jk!

Wait... this is a fat bike ride right? Damn...

Last edited:

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Not sure who is coming but LewMo does not look rideable and sunrise lot is not plowed and closed.
20180311_080337.jpg

Top Bottom