Chimney Rock Conditions

thegock

Capt Jesse rode hill repeats around Yellow and said that it was dry.The higher, bonier trails at Watchung are good for hiking.

Jrzjoe

I feel like it’s gonna be a wasted trip but will try anyway. $50 says I don’t even unrack the bike.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I feel like it’s gonna be a wasted trip but will try anyway. $50 says I don’t even unrack the bike.

i've got 27F about 8 miles southwest of CR - temps went below freezing around 5:30am.

Jrzjoe

D3CE8F19-B8AA-455C-9600-A6D0E252E75C.jpeg
D3CE8F19-B8AA-455C-9600-A6D0E252E75C.jpeg
0D8EFE0A-814D-4E34-99AE-4066F34542C1.jpeg
E0EA65D6-F329-45B6-9DB7-4EEBF0304F23.jpeg

Attachments

• 945099A1-8B8A-4B04-9151-4BD1B1A2D3BF.jpeg
    945099A1-8B8A-4B04-9151-4BD1B1A2D3BF.jpeg
    203.8 KB · Views: 198

Jrzjoe

Frozen ruts. Some splashes but only a little soft where the sun is present. I’ve gotta say, I’m so disappointed in our community right now. No excuse for this.
I only did red white and blue. It all pretty much looked like this. Not as much on red but still way too much.

qclabrat

Frozen ruts. Some splashes but only a little soft where the sun is present. I’ve gotta say, I’m so disappointed in our community right now. No excuse for this.
I only did red white and blue. It all pretty much looked like this. Not as much on red but still way too much.
yeah, conditions were starting go down 2 weeks ago, seeing the lot full each weekend was disappointing.
Wonder if we can expand the hunt for weekends till it dries out....

qclabrat

No good today after 12. Red looked crappy so headed to Crim where I expected more untraveled snow. Blue was good till the top. A few guys coming down told me it was worst further up. Decided to ditch the ride and clean some bikes instead.
IMG_20180218_140028.jpg

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Was by there today on my road ride & it looked like a mess. Still saw 2 cars in the lot with racks. Maybe they'll chime in.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I live 4 miles away and it’s so muddy that the mud has oozed onto my sidewalk in the front. The streets in town are permanently wet right now.

This is like asking if the beach is sandy. There’s no way the trails are dry today. And it’s raining right now and it’s supposed to rain the next 5 days. This means that salt & sand trucks are driving down the beach dumping more salt & sand.

I’d urge everyone to just skip the mountain bike for now.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions