Hartshorne/Huber Conditions

Tonggi

Rode this morning from 9 to 1130. It was frozen solid. No slick spots. Only did Hartshorne side.

A lot of ruts though unfortunately.

SmooveP

Haven't been to the woods, but we got all rain and lots of it. Temps were in the mid to upper 30s today, so pretty soft I'd guess. Sucks, especially since it's supposed to rain for 3 out of the next 4 days.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I just finished up a loop of Hartshorne/Huber. It was surprisingly firm/frozen. There are the typical soft spots on Rocky Point and connector trail from Locust pt lot to Hartshorne, but isolated.

Good selfie conditions.
20180208_170805.jpg

Tim

aka sptimmy43
Hartshorne drains very well when the ground isn't frozen, which it isn't right now. The big question is how it will handle the freezing temps tonight followed by slightly above freezing temps tomorrow.

I am cautiously optimistic that it will be ridable tomorrow afternoon.

Bernard H

Was at rocky point lot today and left two front wheels in the car park. If anyone came across them, or lives near by and could extend the kindest hand, please let me know. Thank you very much.

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
Was at rocky point lot today and left two front wheels in the car park. If anyone came across them, or lives near by and could extend the kindest hand, please let me know. Thank you very much.
I was planning on going tomorrow morning. I'll check for you

Bernard H

Thank you very much. I called park rangers to go check it out for me. Hopefully they call back with good news..Sucks after a 1 hour drive to find that out

Tim

aka sptimmy43
I was planning on going tomorrow morning. I'll check for you

What time are you planning on riding? I work 5 minutes from there so I can swing by in the morning around 7am or so.

Tim

aka sptimmy43
Thank you very much. I called park rangers to go check it out for me. Hopefully they call back with good news..Sucks after a 1 hour drive to find that out

I live 45 minutes away and have done the same thing. It's a terrible feeling. When I finally got back several hours later my wheel was propped up against the fence out of harms way thanks to some good Samaritan. I hope it works out for you.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions