MCP Trail Maintenance

michael.su

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
TM tomorrow, 7/16 at the marina @ 9 am. Meet at 7 am if you want to ride before as well.
Lots more trimming to do. Should be nice and warm out. ;)
Bring a drink and a snack as well as your favorite flavor of bug spray.
See ya there!

TAS

Took care of the tree in Van Nest. Notice that bright white spot to the left? That is a reflection of a knat in the fill flash!
They were bad .. Real Bad!
DSCN0851.JPG

made a nice log pile ride over with the remains on the right side. Didn't take a pic...Knats were ferocious even with bug spray.
DSCN0853.JPG

TAS

Hey Folks, Mercer Trail Maintenance is this Saturday!!! The section planned to be worked on is the Blue trail off South Post road
We will try to complete the trail surface hardening that began last fall in the worst muck area.
So come on out and give some love back to the place we ride. Meet in the Marina parking lot 9:30 AM.
The more of you ... the more we can do! AND it will be more fun than fertilizing and mowing the lawn!

TAS

michael.su

JORBA.ORG
Hey Folks, Mercer Trail Maintenance is this Saturday!!! The section planned to be worked on is the Blue trail off South Post road
We will try to complete the trail surface hardening that began last fall in the worst muck area.
So come on out and give some love back to the place we ride. Meet in the Marina parking lot 9:30 AM.
The more of you ... the more we can do! AND it will be more fun than fertilizing and mowing the lawn!

TAS
Don't we meet at 9 am?

TAS

YIKES!!! Correction!! 9:00 AM Thanks Mike!
Oh and here is a pic of the work site.
DSCN1243.JPG

michael.su

JORBA.ORG
Anywho... TM this Sat 5/20 at 9 am.
We have quite a bit to do, Bridge repair, trail marking, nick clearing and clipping. Depending on attendance, we may break up into teams.
If anyone is interested, I may ride at 7 am prior to TM as well. :)

TAS

June is here and the weeds are taking over! Unfortunately both TM's scheduled in June had to be cancelled.
Folks.... please think about carrying some small clippers and when a nasty thorn branch wacks you in the face, stop & chop!
If it was annoying to you.... sure bet it's bugging everybody else who's riding and walking too. Not asking for major cutting and hacking just a little nip and tuck where necessary goes a long way to make it nice for the next person.
:thumbsup:

That being said, last friday I took it upon my self to do a Solo TM on the Grail Trail. It needed a major cutback.
It's open for business again. Check it out.

TAS

TAS

Last evening Mick & I ran the brush hog and cleared the blue trail between the rowing center and the single bridge.
It really needed to be trimmed.
This is the trailhead on the power line.
This machine is amazing .. we can effectively clear a lot of trail in a short time.
20374253_10155512482598774_1550485487652699375_n.jpg

michael.su

JORBA.ORG
Does anyone have any updates on the trail maintenance schedule or who can be contacted for 2018? The website (http://www.mercertrails.org/) is a bit outdated. Thanks!
Hi Steve,
You will find all of the 2018 TM days at Mercer on the JORBA calendar here:
http://jorba.org/
If you are not already on the Mercer e-mail list, PM me your address and I will have it added for updates.
Thanks for asking!
:)

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions