Marty's FAT 50 2018

xc62701

Oh and I hope there's a bigger bonfire in the parking lot this year cause I'm coming back to the shop with hypothermia...

Bizarro

light rain to rain back to light rain.....
I did this race the other year in good conditions..a lot colder it was. I did a few Ultras this year and not in that shape I was but did the Crotched Mt ultra 100 on the fattie and it was so much fun but sloppy most parts. I had the right bike for the New England mountains I'll tell ya that.

how do you think it'll be on the course? Prob need a poncho huh..

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
There's one section that will be a shitshow of a muddy clusterfuck. The rest is rail trail. The mud will be mile ~9.6 to ~11.2 on the way out, and then whatever that works out to on the way back. If the temps are in the mid 40's to start, maybe a little embro to protect/warm the legs? I dunno...

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Baselayer suggestion. Assuming we all have one of these correct?

611I8oXXL3L._UL1500_.jpg

Superfly100guy

Oh and I hope there's a bigger bonfire in the parking lot this year cause I'm coming back to the shop with hypothermia...

Fire will be burning all day! Hot food as well! Although at 50+ degrees I doubt you will get cold even if it
rains. You know the deal just ride tempo from start to finish with 0 stopping.

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Where do you see 50 degrees? My apps are telling me its gonna be 40 at the start and drop to 30 by the finish.

Weather Underground has low 40s at the start and low 30s by the finish.

Superfly100guy

Temps did drop since I did that screen shot this morning but no rain after 6am

AccuWeather time and temp for Saturday

Randolph 8:30am 39
Califon 9:30am 38
High Bridge 11am 40
Califon 12:30pm 37
Randolph 2pm 34
Fire pit 500
If you leave at 8am you could be be back by noon

I would have fenders and something to keep my feet dry but those temps are like summer after doing this ride at 10 degrees

xc62701

Every time I check the forecast the temps are getting colder. I'm gonna bring a snuggie now too.

Top Bottom