official 2017-2018 biyf thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlb

Would be nice if Strava gave you the option to keep trainer rides off of the leader board. Any self-reporting options are tough but we should be able to handle it as a group. I say 3 or 5.

I can't figure out how to turn off the hyperlink for Mike!!! .su is the TLD for the soviet union. Can't make this stuff up! (i could just take the . out...nah)

'Michael.su doesn't work?

Fat Trout

if you cant make a Strava account for outdoor rides only because your OCD requires a single master account for all pedaling activities to get some kind of medal or kudos then you truly need to kick your own ass.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Who cares. Riding is riding to me. I'd go for #5. If all the trainer queens complain, #6 until @rlb comes out of retirement with last years format. I liked people posting their rides with a photo and a description, but it definitely is more work.

rlb

#6 until @rlb comes out of retirement with last years format

Aint nobody got time for that (right now).

1515549252495.png

Maybe next year? Maybe by then I can figure out how to scrape strava for what we need. Besides, the torch belongs to @fidodie for as long as he wants to hold it!

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'd vote for 2-5.
I don't begrudge training rides, especially those folks that actually do them effectively, but it's got no place in a winter contest.
It's just not in the spirit of the thing.
Stay true to our founding fathers.

jackx

Option 5. I think people would rather see scenic pictures of bikes from rides versus pictures of bikes in trainers.

Also, it means I can keep my wife's bike in the trainer exclusively as, as we only have 1 trainer.

IMG_6657.jpg

Robin

Option 5.

If those who ride Zwift/Sufferfest/inside need the "kudos"/post their rides, at least make them private at the end of the week when numbers are checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom