What's the plan for 2018?

threefour

NOOB question: Let's pretend I'm a moderately good rider but my endurance sucks, I'm new to MTB events, and I'd like to sign up for a trail event a few months away to force me to train, something not too far from northern NJ. What are some events I should consider?

Last edited:

xc62701

NOOB question: Let's pretend I'm a moderately good rider but my endurance sucks, I'm new to MTB events, and I'd like to sign up for a trail event a few months away to force me to train, something not to far from northern NJ. What are some events I should consider?

Right in Wawayanda, the Iron Furnace 50k/25k on May 5th. Use that to get you going then do the Wilderness 101/101k in State College PA on July 28th. Thank me later.

Riggedfmx

*Sigh*

To all gentlemen on here,

Can we start the new year off right and back off with these kinds of comments please?!

Thank you.
*Sigh*

Can we start the new year off right and back off with these kinds of comments please?!

Thank you.
*Sigh*

Thank you.
*Sigh*

Thank you.
sorry for sexest remark - promise to keep it clean :cool:

GHM73

I want to double my 2017 miles. Rode about 700 last year (150 on road but only got my road bike early August). Need to do at least one century in there. Possibly a race or two (or three). Also getting a trainer to ride while the weather blows.

Want to double efforts to promote responsible trail use (via SixMilers, etc.) and more contributions to JORBA. Seek new avenues and partnerships with shops to place postcards, posters, etc. Really get the word out. Nearing 1k followers, all grown organically (doubled in the last year). Want to keep that going.

Re: Sixmilers - more and new design stickers, t-shirts (finally), magnets, water bottles, etc. 50% of sales go to JORBA until costs are recouped, then 100%. That's how we do.

wonderturtle

My plan:

Improve eating habits and get under 200 lbs and stay there

Do a century ride

Do a bunch of gravel grinders, including many same previous years (HoH, gravel fondo, farmers daughter) and improve on previous times/ mph

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
My plan:

Improve eating habits and get under 200 lbs and stay there

Do a century ride

Do a bunch of gravel grinders, including many same previous years (HoH, gravel fondo, farmers daughter) and improve on previous times/ mph
good start seeing you at allaire sunday. For me being under two hundo requires lots of riding and no ipas.

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have decided I like randomly getting lost in the woods more than anything structured. Doing more of what I like seemingly has the benefit of making me faster.
Jimmy, I love what you're doing and live through your rides. CORNY

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I plan on stepping up my functional training by adding Jiu-Jitsu to my routine. Now I can routinely get my neck cranked, choked out, arm barred and leg locked by a woman. Actually I already do that but so intermittent that I do get my ass handed to me by, yes a woman. Never underestimate the female, she is ruthless.

In reality, I am planning on entering back into the race scene. If I do XC it will strictly be training. Would like to get my endurance and enduro game back. Yes sorta polar opposites. My guess is one will prevail and leaning towards the enduro thing at this point. I’ve ridden with amazing people this year and see that I can certainly step up my game. As always this is an adventure so we have to see where it goes

Top Bottom