What's the plan for 2018?

gtluke

The Moped
Personally I hate the gym and always have, my winter strength training involves an axe, sledge hammer, wedge and a lot of wood piled up throughout the year. Works the whole body and gets out a lot of stress built up.
Same. Though in the spring I broke my big toe moving rounds and in the fall I broke a finger moving stones. Also tore apart my knee doing something this year too. I should take up Netflix and a rowing machine.

Mare

So, I want to ride more (a lot more) this year. I want to get back in decent shape, but have fun doing it. I don't want to race or wear a heart rate monitor. I want to see more of you fun people, post up some rides on here possibly, or just join more group rides this year!

I also want to venture out of state more for some biking/hiking trips and simply have a kick ass year.

Last edited:

Mare

Same. Though in the spring I broke my big toe moving rounds and in the fall I broke a finger moving stones. Also tore apart my knee doing something this year too. I should take up Netflix and a rowing machine.
You should do no such thing. You should come on my rides and bring food for after, and your lovely wife so I can catch up with her.

And sorry you're all beat up. I had no idea, but I come in now to motivate you.

gtluke

The Moped
I've never been more equipped to handle my sedentary lifestyle since I got into functional training.

Okay I know this guy is a comedian fuckin around but he did a muscle up. That's good damn impressive. He's also in a gym owned by the son of the guy who invented the Fleshlight :)

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I'd like to "participate" in an endurance mtb event.
Long road from here to there.

Not die doing HOH

Line up for a cx race. Picking up where last year went off the rails. (too early for cx talk?)

some short track, and h2h race or two

Learn how to go downhill by going to a dh park and practicing?

clear that rock garden at the base of roaring brook in the sourlands going uphill - get a good piece of chunky monkey figured out...

The Kalmyk

Building a home gym is pretty cheap if you scour the local classifieds. So many people buy fitness equipment this time of year and then unload it for peanuts when they realize weights are heavy.

Tear the leg curling attachment off that bench and do dead lifts. The 80’s were 30 years ago- lol

Curling for bodybuilding ... Deadlifts for strength building

Reactions: Tim

The Kalmyk

Okay I know this guy is a comedian fuckin around but he did a muscle up. That's good damn impressive. He's also in a gym owned by the son of the guy who invented the Fleshlight :)

Do you still strength train? What is/was your routine?

I’ve lost 30lbs and got stronger at the same time following a strength plan. Clearly it ignited better food choices. Never thought at 42 it was possible to do both at the same time. Makes a huge difference deep in rides when you know how to engage hips and glutes.

gtluke

The Moped
Do you still strength train? What is/was your routine?

I’ve lost 30lbs and got stronger at the same time following a strength plan. Clearly it ignited better food choices. Never thought at 42 it was possible to do both at the same time. Makes a huge difference deep in rides when you know how to engage hips and glutes.

I lost my partner when he moved and lost interest. I want to get back to doing it at home by my knee is totally jacked up right now. Will start deadlifting as soon as possible. Was a huge improvement to everything I do.
i was doing stronglifts 5x5

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
But anyone ever try Yin yoga? Yin is my favorite - you hold the poses for anything from two to eight minutes.

yeah.... That's been my favorite yoga class so far (I also really liked that teacher and she moved to another studio where I work so guess where I'm going during lunch now)

i also really like the flowy vinyassa stuff. But I can't do hot yoga. I've tried it and I'm *this* close to passing out. I've been warned that it's not good for people with high blood pressure and cardiovascular issues.

Last edited:

Mountain Bike Mike

If you want to get a work out rowing....

9EDFD1E9-6061-4D30-AA06-D9EAA474AEA6.jpeg

Top Bottom