Astark

Whale Farts
IMO, mtb miles are so much tougher. I can do 50 road miles with relative ease but 20 mtb miles would kill me.
Park at Alpine, ride over the bridge and step a foot at Cunningham and then come back, doable.
But to ride Alpine then over the bridge and ride to and at Cunningham and then back.... I would need an oxygen tank with the paramedics near by to shove back the lungs that I've coughed up.

You can take the fire road at Alpine.. maybe 25 min up and 5 min coming down. You will be missing out on a lot of a fun stuff. If you want to mix it up in the trails you can park on anderson...take the yellow trail to the fire road and up the red trail to rockleigh. Hop off the trails and take 9w all the way down to the bridge.

qclabrat

There were a bunch in the group who dropped out this last year, where they now? You ain't so fast...

Only me, @C8N and @Kangdoy (scared of cold) made it back this year. I'm glad more have tagged on this year and I see progress every time I ride with you guys. Soon you'll be intermediates and look for more challenges, but that's cool. I'm fine on the beginner pace.

Bernard H

Rode chimney rock today, and wow. The White trail was fun, but that red trail! Maybe a FS bike would fair better there... it was pretty rough on my hardtail. Not sure if Nassau is any different/better?

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Rode chimney rock today, and wow. The White trail was fun, but that red trail! Maybe a FS bike would fair better there... it was pretty rough on my hardtail. Not sure if Nassau is any different/better?
I would say CR would be more enjoyable on a FS. It has some nice rocky descents.

Nassau is definitely different. Less rocks with more twisties. Been there twice this year, once on a FS bike and once on a plus HT. I think the next time I go, I would take a reg HT but would prolly miss the plus HT.

qclabrat

Yeah, that's why it's not called Chimney Loam...
I have a FS for that reason as I ride there 50% of the time.

Could get some snow on the track Saturday ...cool
I ride CR all winter and it's not the easiest park to do so, but it's close so I'm there often
A thin cover of snow on trails is fun, but on rocks it can be an accident waiting to happen if you're not used to the lost in traction feeling.
I'm thinking Chimney may not be the smartest choice tomorrow. We can do the less rocky trails and walk the outcroppings, but will definitely stay away from Yellow and Orange. Just want to avoid broken parts and keep it fun, though may miss some of my favorite sections.

There's a TM at CR tomorrow as well, which I had planned to join afterwards (10am), but pretty sure it will be canceled as snow should have accumulated by the start time. Let me know if anyone is still up for a ride, I can be there at 7am for the earlies, if not then 8am for about 2 hrs.

GreenMachine

Nassau imo is the ride that provides more a “ fun “ trail factor.

CR imo in certain areas is the definition of mtb riding , o
Yeah, that's why it's not called Chimney Loam...
I have a FS for that reason as I ride there 50% of the time.

I ride CR all winter and it's not the easiest park to do so, but it's close so I'm there often
A thin cover of snow on trails is fun, but on rocks it can be an accident waiting to happen if you're not used to the lost in traction feeling.
I'm thinking Chimney may not be the smartest choice tomorrow. We can do the less rocky trails and walk the outcroppings, but will definitely stay away from Yellow and Orange. Just want to avoid broken parts and keep it fun, though may miss some of my favorite sections.

There's a TM at CR tomorrow as well, which I had planned to join afterwards (10am), but pretty sure it will be canceled as snow should have accumulated by the start time. Let me know if anyone is still up for a ride, I can be there at 7am for the earlies, if not then 8am for about 2 hrs.
That sounds good 8-10 avoid yellow & orange
If it’s too heavy to make it I’ll post here early - we should all do a check in prior to meet up .
I’ve never ridden in snow trails

qclabrat

Nassau imo is the ride that provides more a “ fun “ trail factor.

CR imo in certain areas is the definition of mtb riding , o

That sounds good 8-10 avoid yellow & orange
If it’s too heavy to make it I’ll post here early - we should all do a check in prior to meet up .
I’ve never ridden in snow trails
will do, what time are you expecting to get on the road?

Top Bottom