qclabrat

Haz fun today
Check out the new plus rides
MVIMG_20171202_082901.jpg

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
been to Nassau many times but have never seen this barn, where exactly is it?
I could be wrong... but from the lot, we went up Nassau rd and into the fire road. Took a right and soon after Walter seemed to know about this place and said "photo opt!" We took another right and there it was.

full

Last edited:

Astark

Whale Farts
I ended up having to work tomorrow. If you guys want to do a beginner ride in Bergen and check out the boys scout camp in alpine I know the area very well. It’s completely legal to ride and a lot of fun.

GreenMachine

I ended up having to work tomorrow. If you guys want to do a beginner ride in Bergen and check out the boys scout camp in alpine I know the area very well. It’s completely legal to ride and a lot of fun.
I may take you up , I grew in NYC & Bergen , know that area but not that trail ...

qclabrat

Too far for most weekends, but I'd like to do a mtb ride and go into the city via the GWB. Is that possible from Alpine?
me and Diddy got to catch up some time anyways...
2016%2F04%2F05%2F32%2Fcelebscoot.cc0d9.jpg

qclabrat

been to Nassau many times but have never seen this barn, where exactly is it?
@C8N got it right, after the field climb, make a right by the metal container and stay right. Should be easier to see now that the leaves are down. It's actually surprisingly clean in the old barn, even got a nice table inside for picnic if you don't mind the possible death

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Wonder if Alpine is cross/gravel friendly... if so... then definitely can do a ride over the bridge..... only if I had a cross/gravel bike lol

qclabrat

where do you folks want to ride this weekend?
want to keep the streak alive and not be like this guy:
pooreli.jpg

this was the schedule, but as you know it goes to shit each week
8AM start for each: (I'm going to try for 7AM for most rides and loop back to the lot at 8)
Dec 9- Round Valley or Six Mile
Dec 16- Stephens
Dec 23- Allaire or Six Mile
Dec 30- Ringwood or Jungle

Probably no 6mile till after the new year or when it freezes over, unless 100% good to ride
Want to do Round Valley, but then no one will come back next week
Help me keep week 9 alive, propose somewhere (just not too far from Chimney Rock area)

qclabrat

Wonder if Alpine is cross/gravel friendly... if so... then definitely can do a ride over the bridge..... only if I had a cross/gravel bike lol
seemingly not, thinking mtb Alpine then GWB then Cunningham and back
that's so Liong...

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
seemingly not, thinking mtb Alpine then GWB then Cunningham and back
that's so Liong...
IMO, mtb miles are so much tougher. I can do 50 road miles with relative ease but 20 mtb miles would kill me.
Park at Alpine, ride over the bridge and step a foot at Cunningham and then come back, doable.
But to ride Alpine then over the bridge and ride to and at Cunningham and then back.... I would need an oxygen tank with the paramedics near by to shove back the lungs that I've coughed up.

Last edited:

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
so... ride this weekend? i'll put the details on the "what's happening thread"

Top Bottom