Found: 15/100 x 12/142 29" wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

qclabrat

looking for a wider set of wheels for the TransAm
Ideal internal rim width between 30 and 35mm and Shimano freehub (no XD), but willing to entertain slightly narrower or wider.

anyone go boost and have no need for the old wheels?

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I don't like the Hugo for + tires at all. I tried a 2.8 and 3.0 on Luke's Hugo and the rim is almost in line with the sidewall. Gotta be careful in the rocks. 35-40mm is probably optimal for 27.5+. The Flow's are great for the 2.5" Minion.

qclabrat

I don't like the Hugo for + tires at all. I tried a 2.8 and 3.0 on Luke's Hugo and the rim is almost in line with the sidewall. Gotta be careful in the rocks. 35-40mm is probably optimal for 27.5+. The Flow's are great for the 2.5" Minion.
Minions run small, but you already know that
do you have the 2.5s with MK3s on the Chameleon? I'd like give that combo a try but I'm just about overspent this year

alex_k

do you have the 2.5s with MK3s on the Chameleon? I'd like give that combo a try but I'm just about overspent this year
Minion DHF 2.5 and NN 2.6 are practically same size on 30mm RF rims.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
No, I have the factory RF wheels with 3.0 WTB's on the Chameleon. My Minions are on the Flow EX's in my shed, which used to be on the Bandit. Bandit has been on Crest MK3's for a while with 2.25" Racing Ralphs.

Mr.Moto

if they were MK3s...
I want to run 2.6 tires on the other SS
have Dirt Wizards on Hugos on the other bike and I really like the tire profile
would Dually's be too wide for 2.6 tires?

Sounds like your headed towards the 29+ end of the spectrum with wider rims and bigger tires. Will those fit on the bike? The other option might be wider 27.5 rims and tires which will net you something closer to the 29er diameter.

qclabrat

Sounds like your headed towards the 29+ end of the spectrum with wider rims and bigger tires. Will those fit on the bike? The other option might be wider 27.5 rims and tires which will net you something closer to the 29er diameter.
Kinda sorta, I'm curious to see how 40mm rims will compare with the Hugo's for the Dirt Wizards., that's for the Carver Gnarvester. Then there's the TransAm 29, which I've read fits a 2.8 on a blunt35. I just got some XR4 2.6 tires and will try with the Duallys first, if no good, will look for 30mm rims. At the end, I'll figure out what size rim works best for me for each bike. Got all winter to figure this one out. FUN

qclabrat

close this one, ended up with KOM i29s
I hear they are easier to lace up for my first real try
Not a big guy or abusive, so lightweight should be fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom