Last TM session for the season

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Hard to beleive we've gone thru another season of sessions in out little part of the world.
Our last session is coming up on November 19th we will meet in the lot for a bit of work then we normally have some fun on the other side we can ride and eat food lets see who is in and what we can bring.
I will have burgers and buns plus I might be able to coax some potato salad.
Let talk about this....

Matt_

I Get Jokes
Pretty sure we're making this a full family event. Serena said she'd be happy to work on setting up the food/fire/etc at the camp site while we do our work. I'll have JT and Grace (she's been to one TM last year) with me while Serena will have the younger two.

Also, if the park allows it I could bring my generator (its good to run it once in a while anyways) to have some crockpots going for soup, buffalo chicken dip, meatballs, etc..... Serena makes a wicked buffalo chicken dip, and cookies...

Cookies and bikes are guaranteed, LMK about generator.

mike_243

JORBA.ORG
Will be checking om that so we got burgers and cookies who is in for this should be a good time...

AndyJ

I'll bring something dessert-oriented as usual... maybe some cupcakes this year. Oh yeah, Mike, you need to coax that potato salad. I think I was responsible for eating half the tray last year :)

michael.su

JORBA.ORG
Hmm, a little vague on the deets here. :p
What time are we doing this?
I have JORBA stuff to deliver to you as well @mike_243

Matt_

I Get Jokes
@michael.su I think he's is still working out the agenda, but either way the day starts with 8am trail maintenance... hopefully @mike_243 leaves his whip at home and takes it easy on us.

My wife is on deck for coming early (post TM) to help set the camp site up so we conserve some time.

The post-TM ride details are still up in the air.... TM ---> Ride ----->BBQ, or TM---->bbq/ride?

I was thinking of heading straight to the camp site to finish prep and do a loop(s) over there between eating potato salad.

@Christopher barry sounds good. Will let ya know about generator as soon as I hear. Also, I think we hang until we want to leave or get kicked out. Last year was unfortunately cold and windy... hoping for nicer weather this year!

In otherwise related news I just scored a Weber Q1000 grill with stand today for $25 (tested and it works). So I could also bring that if we don't want to mess with charcoal, or for added cooking space.

michael.su

JORBA.ORG
@michael.su I think he's is still working out the agenda, but either way the day starts with 8am trail maintenance... hopefully @mike_243 leaves his whip at home and takes it easy on us.

My wife is on deck for coming early (post TM) to help set the camp site up so we conserve some time.

The post-TM ride details are still up in the air.... TM ---> Ride ----->BBQ, or TM---->bbq/ride?

I was thinking of heading straight to the camp site to finish prep and do a loop(s) over there between eating potato salad.

@Christopher barry sounds good. Will let ya know about generator as soon as I hear. Also, I think we hang until we want to leave or get kicked out. Last year was unfortunately cold and windy... hoping for nicer weather this year!

In otherwise related news I just scored a Weber Q1000 grill with stand today for $25 (tested and it works). So I could also bring that if we don't want to mess with charcoal, or for added cooking space.
charcoal FTW ;)

Christopher barry

I can donate a tank for propane...filled of course

mike_243

JORBA.ORG
Looks like a great day to be out in the woods.... To Mike we meet normal time for the TM session then head on over to the campsite to cook and ride...
If you got stuff early we should be done TM around 11ish ...

mike_243

JORBA.ORG
So we have burgers, pulled pork, potato salad (non-vegitarian ) cookies, I have some charcoal....
who's in ?

Matt_

I Get Jokes
I'm so in I'm already there waiting for the potato salad.

Serena's going to meet us at ~11am with the rest of the kids unless we have reason to send her over earlier for setup.

If you throw something up on ATUG I'll share it to the JR mtb page too.

Mare

This is always super fun!! I am not sure if I will make the TM, but I am hoping to make the BBQ!!!! I'll chime back in later in the week to confirm thumbs up or down and let you know what I can bring.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions