What are you cooking right now?

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Tried a new recipe last night.
Will easily find a spot in the rotation.
IMG_8947.JPG
This didn't suck. Wilted kale and bacon pasta. Everything is cooked in bacon fat. The sauce is bacon fat, cheese and pasta water.

qclabrat

Tried a new recipe last night.
Will easily find a spot in the rotation.
View attachment 59425
This didn't suck. Wilted kale and bacon pasta. Everything is cooked in bacon fat. The sauce is bacon fat, cheese and pasta water.
a85c962acbf2ef1a0d5492586163cdf5.jpg

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
Had Korean for lunch, some of my favorite food. But, I can literally feel it as it slowly makes its way through all 30 feet of intestines, so I know I did it right.

scotth

what's in the soup base?
we eat lots of noodles at home and when it's scratch is its usually a miso or dashi base
if you haven't tried already add a tablespoon of mirin to enhance the flavors
For the base, I usually steep dried mushrooms and strain the liquid to use with water. I’ll try to find some of what you suggested, always looking for new flavor.

rick81721

Lothar
Slapped together some braciole via a winged-it recipe. We found a trattoria in Venice that makes a great one, so figured I'd give it a shot. Couldn't find any toothpicks and never had any cooking string, so improvised with metal skewers - 3 to a skewer and had to bend them so they'd fit under the lid. Will look terrible but hopefully tastes good. Simmering in sauce now.

qclabrat

Wasn't bad. I hacked up a top round roast, should've made the pieces more uniform in thickness. But tasted pretty good.

24175522_370333240085139_6674507902448828416_n.jpg
Looks good, love Venice, completely understated food available. Awesome pizza, cured meats and wine. Who's hand got the booboo?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
inaugural use of the sausage stuffer - it made quick work of 3lbs of lamb - The lamb was already ground, so it was a matter of seasoning, then loading it up.
i'd say it was at least 5x faster than the screw stuffer (stand mixer add-on) - and much less work. About 45 minutes from putting the meat and spices into the mixer, until done.
they will dry in the fridge until tomorrow, then freeze or eat.

IMG_8119.JPG

And the return of the Christmas Lasagna. Somehow i don't have enough pasta, so the spouse is on a run.

IMG_8118.JPG

and of course...

1514315460663.png

Top Bottom