qclabrat

Good video , spent a few hours at Cheesequake today working on getting back on the bike - not easy as you think but it makes sense distribution wise. CQ is a possibly the nicest state PK in NJ but they have let the MTB trail go unadvertised and unkempt -shame , it has great potential and can be a challenge in certain spots. And all but one trail has been made MTB accessible.
Cheesequake was where I first dabbled in mtb when I lived in Edison, I had a full rigid Gary Fisher before they started throwing suspension forks on all bikes, probably mid 90s. Played more golf than rode bikes then, now 20 yrs later, it's the other way around.

The park is pretty limited. Come spring it might be interesting to start at Cheesequake, then jump on the Henry Hudson bike trail to Hartshorne/Huber and back by way of the beach at Keanburg (if they allow bikes there) to Cheesequake. Probably a 6 hr ride, but would make it worth going down that direction for those who need to travel.

qclabrat

rain predicted this Saturday and also want to do a trail maintenance at CR if it holds up
so this weekend's ride will be on Sunday, thinking High Mountain so that @C8N can join (trails should be good?)
juggling around schedule to accommodate:

8AM start for each:
Nov 19- High Mountain
Nov 25- Nassau
Dec 2- Mahlon Dickerson
Dec 9- Round Valley or Six Mile
Dec 16- Stephens
Dec 23- Allaire or Six Mile
Dec 30- Ringwood or Jungle

Thanks to all who have come out and contributed to me riding 5 weekends in a row, which is the longest since I began riding 3 years ago
parks we've hit so far, along with many a first visit
- Chimney Rock
- Lewis Morris
- Clayton
- Stephens
- Deer Park

Reactions: w_b

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
rain predicted this Saturday and also want to do a trail maintenance at CR if it holds up
so this weekend's ride will be on Sunday, thinking High Mountain so that @C8N can join (trails should be good?)
juggling around schedule to accommodate:
Checked the weather and looks like Satursday is forecasted for 1/4" of rain
HM should be fine for Sunday as we will most likely play in the high lands.

Which route did you like better? The loop from college lot or the loop from HM park & ride?
IMO, loop from college lot is prolly easier but from P&R, its more fun.... but I am good with both.

qclabrat

Checked the weather and looks like Satursday is forecasted for 1/4" of rain
HM should be fine for Sunday as we will most likely play in the high lands.

Which route did you like better? The loop from college lot or the loop from HM park & ride?
IMO, loop from college lot is prolly easier but from P&R, its more fun.... but I am good with both.

we can meet at either lot, I think the park and ride is closer to you?

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
we can meet at either lot, I think the park and ride is closer to you?
I think if there are no time constraints, we can start from the college lot to the circle and then hit ancients and back to the lot.

Will see if others want to join and see what their availability is

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
8AM start for each:
Nov 19- High Mountain
Nov 25- Nassau
Dec 2- Mahlon Dickerson
Dec 9- Round Valley or Six Mile
Dec 16- Stephens
Dec 23- Allaire or Six Mile
Dec 30- Ringwood or Jungle

@soundz You haven't ridden with a noob in a while.
Pick a date... or not... because it will be... interesting?

qclabrat

Rain expected to stop by early morning, word is High Mt drains well. If you haven't ridden there before, get some mileage with a local guide. HM is similar to Chimney but less tech and more elevation. Like Nassau, a great park little traveled, which makes them gems.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Rare treat!
You get to meet the man.... the legend... @liong71er tomorrow at HM.
8AM at the college lot

embed

Last edited:

JuniorT58

Hey what's up guys ?

Lately, I've not been able to attend to the rides on weekends as Peak Season just started at amazon and i have a bunch of new hires that need to be trained. Specifically on weekends morning is where our demand increases week by week and I have to be at work at least for 5-8 hours in the morning, which sucks a lot since it doesn't allow me to ride with you guys. Hopefully, most likely the team at amazon will be stable in the upcoming weeks and i can manage to ride again with you guys. Anyways, thanks in advance for all the help ! I'll be checking the forum to see if you guys are riding on weekdays or later on weekends.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Hey what's up guys ?

Lately, I've not been able to attend to the rides on weekends as Peak Season just started at amazon and i have a bunch of new hires that need to be trained. Specifically on weekends morning is where our demand increases week by week and I have to be at work at least for 5-8 hours in the morning, which sucks a lot since it doesn't allow me to ride with you guys. Hopefully, most likely the team at amazon will be stable in the upcoming weeks and i can manage to ride again with you guys. Anyways, thanks in advance for all the help ! I'll be checking the forum to see if you guys are riding on weekdays or later on weekends.
Damn work sucks! but I guess we have to pay the bills one way or another.
I plan on being left back this year so will still try to get in on the beginner rides into the next year. :confused:

GreenMachine

People are showing up early T-Giving morning for a group ride at Allaire - I may hit it If I can get the okay from the boss.

qclabrat

People are showing up early T-Giving morning for a group ride at Allaire - I may hit it If I can get the okay from the boss.
I might do this, as the weekend is not likely good for me. Do you know if this is beginner friendly no drop?

If that falls through maybe 7am Dawn patrol at 6mr if cold enough, otherwise will be Nassau

GreenMachine

Not sure if it's beginner or not , but maybe we can make it that - 6MR sounds good too. 7 Am not sure I can get there that early.

qclabrat

6MR not likely due to rain today for tomorrow and I'm nixing Allaire because I hate holiday traffic
Anyone interested in Chimney or Nassau on Thursday and/or Friday 8AM lmk

Top Bottom