GreenMachine

I added a riser bar to my Stache - world of difference for Geometry of bike.
I’m hoping to be there tomorrow, I burned my hand yesterday not sure I can get a glove on comfortably- gametime decision.
14 degrees hmmm

qclabrat

Just took a spin around work to test out the single speed for tomorrow. Bike worked fine, but my fingers were really cold with my regular gloves and my lungs forgot about the cold as they burned every time I took deep breathes. Only had a tee shirt and the windstopper jacket on top and was fine. Will wear thicker socks since they started getting cold at the end.

See y'all's tomorrow, it will be a brisk one to invite in the winter

JuniorT58

I’m not able to be there guys I’m so sorry... I have to pick up my sister from the airport. Have fun !

Last edited:

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I’m not able to be there guys I’m so sorry... I have to take my sister to the airport. Have fun !
I'm assuming Walter can't make it either so this is likely cancelled cuz I would get us totally lost. Only been to Lewmo once. Next time!

GreenMachine

Not sure you guys made it out - hope you’re okay family wise .

Anyone up for a meetup tomorrow? Maybe - 11-2? Or 9-12? May hit 50 degrees tomorrow.

6 mile ? Allaire ? Make a suggestion

qclabrat

Awesome ride with @C8N today. Been a while since I had so much fun, 29+ single speeds are the bomb, this might get my mojo back. Next weekend is 6mr.
Not sure you guys made it out - hope you’re okay family wise .

Anyone up for a meetup tomorrow? Maybe - 11-2? Or 9-12? May hit 50 degrees tomorrow.

6 mile ? Allaire ? Make a suggestion

Sorry Mike, already have family plans, hope to see you next week

GreenMachine

Awesome ride with @C8N today. Been a while since I had so much fun, 29+ single speeds are the bomb, this might get my mojo back. Next weekend is 6mr.

6 m I should be there - I’ve been riding 29+ Single speed but a lotta of people have said @ CR & Nassau I should pickup a full suspension for better overall handling.

GreenMachine

Oh btw great call Ken Lockwood Gorge - fantastic fishing - brought my dogs & bikes - kids had a blast.
Spent about 4 - 5 hours

qclabrat

6 m I should be there - I’ve been riding 29+ Single speed but a lotta of people have said @ CR & Nassau I should pickup a full suspension for better overall handling.

Going full suspension is a new commitment, if you can swing it having one and a hard tail like yours is ideal. My wrists and knees are sore from the LewMo roots and can't see going full rigid more than 25% of the time. At our age, we need tech on our side to prolong the habit. LMK if you have questions on springy bikes.

GreenMachine

Going full suspension is a new commitment, if you can swing it having one and a hard tail like yours is ideal. My wrists and knees are sore from the LewMo roots and can't see going full rigid more than 25% of the time. At our age, we need tech on our side to prolong the habit. LMK if you have questions on springy bikes.
True true - what FS do you ridge ? CBN has a Trance FS?

qclabrat

True true - what FS do you ridge ? CBN has a Trance FS?
Yeah, he has a Trance. It's a nice all around bike good for just about anything except DH and dj. Quick ride around the lot and I like it better than mine.

I ride a 120 travel Transition and 160mm Orbea Rallon. Polar opposites

GreenMachine

Good video , spent a few hours at Cheesequake today working on getting back on the bike - not easy as you think but it makes sense distribution wise. CQ is a possibly the nicest state PK in NJ but they have let the MTB trail go unadvertised and unkempt -shame , it has great potential and can be a challenge in certain spots. And all but one trail has been made MTB accessible.

Top Bottom