Keep Mike “Lucky” Lukowiak in your thoughts.

Frank

Sasquatch
So sad to hear this. Ryan, you are a hero....you saved his life. Sending positive thoughts and vibes to Mike.

xc62701

111 Lucky.jpg

I'm still trying to make sense of this but it couldn't have happened in a better place. He collapsed where people were and where medics could get to him easily. When he first went down we had people call 911 and we assessed him on the ground. He had a pulse but shallow breathing. It also looked like he aspirated something and was not well. We monitored for a couple of minutes until it seemed his breathing was too shallow or he stopped. That's when we rolled him onto his back and I started CPR. It seemed like I worked on him for 10 minutes until the cops/medics arrived and continued to work on him until they loaded him in the ambulance and took off to Hunterdon Medical Center. As soon as they arrived they put a stent in his artery as it was 100% blocked - which explains why he dropped so fast - and did a bunch of tests. Currently we know no more than was reported earlier. Just hoping and praying he is going to be ok when they wake him later in the week. Even in the best case scenario he is still going to need some recovery time.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Nice job @xc62701. Good thing you acted, being trained in cpr is good, using it is even better.
I've been trained as well but forget things easily. I'll pass on that if you forget how many compressions/minute using the timing of the Bee Gees Staying Alive works.

Dominos

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wow, sending healing vibes. I would occasionally encounter Lucky at his workplace and he's always psyched to talk about bikes. Such a nice guy.
Good job, @xc62701.

The Squirrel

Nice job @xc62701. Good thing you acted, being trained in cpr is good, using it is even better.
I've been trained as well but forget things easily. I'll pass on that if you forget how many compressions/minute using the timing of the Bee Gees Staying Alive works.

I recently was certified as well and I don't have the best memory. I've been watching this video every few weeks just to remind myself of the lessions I had. It's interesting to watch someone compressing to "Staying Alive". It never felt that fast in class.

qclabrat

Was certified a few years back as I was coaching girls soccer. At the time they just stressed on how to do the compressions and breathes. They said it was because people were forgetting the ratio and reluctant to perform CPR when it was needed. Key is just to alternate between compressions and breathes till paramedics arrive. Someone who knows for sure should correct me if this is no longer correct.

Mare

Lucky is a great guy and I am so sorry to hear about this. Keep us posted.... we are all praying and hoping to hear of improvements soon.

xc62701

Doctors are saying that through monitoring his brain activity that there is damage. The extent they are still monitoring but the chances of a recovery are going down at this point. Keep praying. Miracles can happen!

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Doctors are saying that through monitoring his brain activity that there is damage. The extent they are still monitoring but the chances of a recovery are going down at this point. Keep praying. Miracles can happen!
Keep fighting the good fight Mike. We need you back out there crackin jokes and putting smiles on people’s faces.

Top Bottom