Keep Mike “Lucky” Lukowiak in your thoughts.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Mike, a buddy of mine had a big heart attack after apple cross yesterday and is in a medically induced coma. @xc62701 started CPR on him but I don’t know all the details. Mike is such an awesome person. Hoping he comes out of this with an even bigger smile and zest for life.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wow, that sucks. He's a fun guy, hope he pulls through quickly.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Holy shit dude.
BJ told me at the race this morning. Sorry to hear.
Will keep him in my thoughts.

xc62701

Thanks @David Taylor. Yea this has been insane. Thankfully we were all there when he collapsed. I started cpr then medics arrived to work on him and get him to hunterdon medical center. He's in bad shape. The latest update is he's on a ventilator in an induced coma. They are going to try to wake him later in the week and assess if there was any brain damage due to oxygen loss.

Keep him in your thoughts and prayers...

Last edited:

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Man this sucks... Lucky is a super nice guy. Hoping that he gets some good news this week and that he recovers ok... Great work @xc62701!

dnap

Team MTBNJ Halter's
That is terrible to hear. I hope he improves with each day and a full recovery is on the horizon. I'm sending positive thoughts to Mike and his family.

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Sending healing vibes...I can relate to this situation...for real...I had to bring Steph to ER when she presented with signs if MI in August, so brought her to ER and presented with STEMI she had STEMI...elevated ST segment on ekg 7 days in critical Care unit before step-down unit
Then home infusion set up that I administered

Last edited:

xc62701

Sending healing vibes...I can relate to this situation...for real...I had to bring Steph to ER when she presented with signs if MI in August, so brought her to ER and presented with STEMI she had STEMI...elevated ST segment on ekg 7 days in critical Care unit before step-down unit
Then home infusion set up that I administered

I guess it was very similar as one of his arteries was completely blocked. Not just due to a buildup either. The doc said it was "bad luck" that a piece of plaque must have broken off and clogged his artery. They immediately put a stent in and his heart is now functioning fine. It's the lack of oxygen to the brain they are concerned about.

2Julianas

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Sending healing vibes to him and strength to his friends and family. He was indeed lucky to be with people who knew what to do! @xc62701 you're his hero.

seanrunnette

Brain Damaged Ray Romano
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Horrified to hear this. I hope this week brings good news. He was lucky to be in such great company when it happened.

Top Bottom