Group Ride Saturday Chimney Rock

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Can you give us more info on this? Want to perfect the mental image.
if i told you @Santapez pushed me, would you believe me?

it was towards the end of the ride so i was getting a little tired... and i don't like drop offs on trails (afraid of heights)

soooo... i think it's white? trail... hit a root the wrong way, got tossed to the side a little but there wasn't much side to get tossed to... so down the hill i went into the swampy water. tried to grab a tree on the way down, but could quite get it... luckily, it did catch my bike so that stayed up towards the top. and i got a little muddy as i tumbled down and my right hand and foot splashed right into the gook.

i smelled really bad.

of all the falls i've ever had, this one probably rates as one of the funniest.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
ewwww gross, I don't think even the creature from the black lagoon would go near that water.

Dingo

if i told you @Santapez pushed me, would you believe me?

it was towards the end of the ride so i was getting a little tired... and i don't like drop offs on trails (afraid of heights)

soooo... i think it's white? trail... hit a root the wrong way, got tossed to the side a little but there wasn't much side to get tossed to... so down the hill i went into the swampy water. tried to grab a tree on the way down, but could quite get it... luckily, it did catch my bike so that stayed up towards the top. and i got a little muddy as i tumbled down and my right hand and foot splashed right into the gook.

i smelled really bad.

of all the falls i've ever had, this one probably rates as one of the funniest.
The locals call that rooty section 'earth'. That's some stinky muck there, possibly due to the pump station upstream. YUCK.

Mare

Joined the intermediate ride and had a blast.....until I did a rookie move and did an impressive OTB. Cut it short and limped my way back to the lot. Thank you @ekuhn for leading the way. Ended up breaking my hand at the base of the pinkie finger. In a splint now and scheduling an Ortho consult to see if more care is needed. Ironically, I doesn't really hurt that bad.

Jeez! I am glad I didn't call you a baby or anything and tell you to suck it up. I hope you heal up and I am glad it's not hurting too bad now! Get better, then we ride.

Last edited:

qclabrat

The locals call that rooty section 'earth'. That's some stinky muck there, possibly due to the pump station upstream. YUCK.

probably that section where you can make a right around a small tree
there's so much erosion going on there, would make sense for a reroute @Kirt

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Will there be another group ride before old man winter comes?
Keep an eye on this thread for future ride dates for the year. Usually a week before the date we will post the ride specific thread for people to post whether they are going, and that is where we will also post a weather cancellation.

rlb

At least it was a funny fall. I know I'll end up in that mess some day, glad you were able to keep it to a hand and a foot! You'd probably still be in the shower if you took a full dunk. Wonder how deep that is.....

Xler8

Wildcat is November 12th.
Hartshorne is December 2nd.

Spread the word, I'll post up details as we get closer to the date.

What is Wildcat comparable to as far as terrain? And where exactly is it? Never been so might be nice to check out something new.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
What is Wildcat comparable to as far as terrain? And where exactly is it? Never been so might be nice to check out something new.
It's compatible to split rock.
Wildcat is really a mix of flow trails, tech, a little elevation and a hawk watch. Interedoat terrain that is hard to define, for lack of a better example I would compare it to chimney rock.
http://www.mtbnj.com/w/index.php?title=Wildcat_Ridge

Top Bottom