Erie 80 MTB Festival

Dejay Birtch

The festival is right around the bend. We hope to see you all on the track and come to enjoy the Festival in Port Jervis, NY. We have a 12,25 and 50 mile rides to choose from, along with a large vendor area and a free concert that will produce hours of fun for all. Not to mention the $5000 in cash/prizes up for grabs and a raffle for a Cannondale Bad Habit complete bike. Yeah, we are gonna have a party and a bike ride that is shutting down the center of town for all to enjoy. This will be an experience not to be missed.
You can get registered here
https://www.bikereg.com/erie-80
and stay up to date with info at StarCrawf.com or at the StarCrawf Promotions FaceBook page.

Spread the word. Thanks a TON!!

Attachments

• festival poster.jpg
    festival poster.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 104

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Unfortunately, I can not make it this year, but I did this last year and the trails are really fun! I highly recommend this event. ...super fun day and awesome trails.

SSmtbr

Just got a pre-ride lap in today and the course is super well-marked! Definitely a tough course that seems like you're constantly climbing and some of the new trails are a bit soft that rob your power and momentum all while battling the chunky rocks scattered throughout. @David Taylor and any other SSers...what gearing are you planning on running? Today's ride on 32x20 I felt like I could never get the cadence higher than 50 and may blow up at race pace...Might drop it to 32x22 and throw on my oval 32t. I've got a 24t in reserve but that may be too low.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Just got a pre-ride lap in today and the course is super well-marked! Definitely a tough course that seems like you're constantly climbing and some of the new trails are a bit soft that rob your power and momentum all while battling the chunky rocks scattered throughout. @David Taylor and any other SSers...what gearing are you planning on running? Today's ride on 32x20 I felt like I could never get the cadence higher than 50 and may blow up at race pace...Might drop it to 32x22 and throw on my oval 32t. I've got a 24t in reserve but that may be too low.
Singlespeed racing involves pain. That’s all.

SSmtbr

How does it compare to Ringwood?

I'd say it feels closest to the white trail in terms of overall rocks and technical requirements; everything is pretty much ridable first time through if you're comfortable with Ringwood. There's rocks scattered everywhere but not in the same technical sense as say Skylands or the Red trail at Ringwood or anything at Jungle. It has more flow but you'll be cruising down a section of trail that's relatively smooth and then slam into a rogue section of rocks that'll rattle you and kill your momentum.

Then again...I turn into the ASS (Angry Single Speeder) every time I ride here, partially because I attack the trails like I would at Stewart when in reality I should probably approach it more like Ringwood so my expectations of the trails are always distorted.

SSmtbr

After reading this morning's email about quite a few 50 mi guys dropping down to 25 miles, I'm almost motivated to try to put myself in the Sport 50 mi and run my 1x setup (no way would my body hold up to grinding SS for 50 miles but having a few bail out gears makes it sound much more appealing). Something about the challenge and test of completing the 80k is screaming at me from within. Of course this will probably lend to an entertaining post-race recap which I'll gladly share if it's noteworthy.

Kaleidopete

Great day at the Erie 80! Lots of friendly faces and racers. The weather was great and the trails were tough.
It was very well organized with food and beer and music and venders.

The start
Erie 80_01.jpg

Trailhead
Erie 80_02.jpg

A finisher
Erie 80_03.jpg

People on the hilltop
Erie 80_07.jpg

Same shot zoomed back, Mountain from the start line
Erie 80_06.jpg

Top Bottom