The MetsThread

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
they should get daniel murphy and justin turner....what is jeff kent doing now?
what's the over-under on duda's hr total next year? 35?
and how did they miss out on Clint Hurdle managing?

Bring in A-Rod!!!

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
they should get daniel murphy and justin turner....what is jeff kent doing now?
what's the over-under on duda's hr total next year? 35?
and how did they miss out on Clint Hurdle managing?

Bring in A-Rod!!!

Is Duda playing for a contract next year? Because if so that's the only way he might hit 35 HRs next year -- he's playing for the Rays. Their park is worse for hitters than Citi Field.

I wouldn't mind getting Murphy back if he didn't cost a fortune, but that won't happen. He's too old to spend money on now. But no fuckin' way do I ever want Justin Turner in a Mets uniform again. Just look at his production over the years - he was a middling player at best when he was with the Mets, hit for average his first year in LA, and then suddenly starts hitting twice as many HRs per year after 2014 and has a breakout year this year at 32? Please -- he's either juicing or he's a flash in the pan. He's exactly what the Mets need to stop going after.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Who do the Mets fan want to see go down the tubes more? Cubs, Nats or Dodgers?

And while the yankees might get crushed by the Astros....dam was that a great game last night.

Patrick

Staff member
want the cubs and nats to go down, and dodgers to win it all - to prove mattingly was holding them back.

Reactions: rlb

1speed

Who do the Mets fan want to see go down the tubes more? Cubs, Nats or Dodgers?

And while the yankees might get crushed by the Astros....dam was that a great game last night.

Nats most of all. As my younger brother texted me today, one of the few things Met fans can hang their hats on the last two years is that the Nats have never won a playoff series. So I'm rooting for that streak to continue. And fuck the Dodgers because ... Chase Utley. I'm no Cubs fan but I'll root for them coming out of the National League by default. Overall, I'm pulling for the Astros at this point because any other national league team but the Mets is unacceptable, and I'd rather have ebola than root for the Yankees.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
1. Expos
2. Yankees
3. Cubs
4. Dodgers
5. Astros

In that order but you could flip flop 1. And 2. And 3. And 4.

So go Astros!!!!

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So. I shouldn't start trolling this thread with Yankee posts? I've really behaved myself beyond my own expectations.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So. I shouldn't start trolling this thread with Yankee posts? I've really behaved myself beyond my own expectations.
Go make your own thread :p
Be honest you may have opened this thread maybe a total of 2 times. That's about how many times I would of opened a Yankee thread.

Patrick

Staff member
@jShort

This is more like a support group thread. Lots of very fragile topics here. If it goes negative, we will need to switch it to moderated. :D

Patrick

Staff member
how sweet it is!!! another nats series leading to early tee times....

Last edited:

1speed

Hey after last night...Maybe you guys will be able to get Dusty in there to manage :)

That sounds about right ... we just got rid of the trainer-who-kills-careers, seems like the right time to hire the manager-who-kills-careers.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So any Mets fans watch the Yankees vs Astros and hope for an Astros win? I did and sent out my personal text of glee. Not a real fan if you didn't.

Now to a NL vs a NL word series...

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
So any Mets fans watch the Yankees vs Astros and hope for an Astros win? I did and sent out my personal text of glee. Not a real fan if you didn't.

Now to a NL vs a NL word series...

Playing with NL rules would be nice.:)

At the start of the Cleveland series I was passively pulling for the kids. But then the Yankees fans started acting like themselves..... thus, a temporary Astros fan I became for that series.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Sorry guys. Get used to it. The brief spotlight enjoyed by the Mets has gone out. NY is now back to being 100% about Yankee baseball and will be for the foreseeable future.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Sorry guys. Get used to it. The brief spotlight enjoyed by the Mets has gone out. NY is now back to being 100% about Yankee baseball and will be for the foreseeable future.

Yep, that would be the behavior I was referring to..... ;)

Pretty sure after 50 years of this $&@& I’m used to it. o_O

Top Bottom