31/31 ---> JULY 2017! CONTEST! WIN $100!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
image-png.55558

Where do you get this report?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
That's from Garmin Connect under Reports -> Progress Reports. You can custom choose the time frame to look at.

Ah ok, I was looking in Strava.

I think you're the single person who rode more than me, so I can go through the dog & pony show of drawing your name out of a hat or we can just say that you were the winner of my incredibly undefined and low-key challenge. So you have the following options:

1. You get to show me around Wiss one day, I will buy you lunch, then I'll give you some MTBNJ socks
2. I can show you around up here one day (CR?), I buy lunch, and you get socks
3. I can just send you socks
4. Choose your own adventure. I will entertain offers.

Frank

Sasquatch
Nice work to all of you. I'm super stoked that I could provide some inspiration for each of you to make a little space in 31 days for a ride.
I discovered about a year or so ago that this can be more of a lifestyle change...for the better, kudos for pushing us into it. I will try again this year to continue the daily ride, I made it to 62 last year so I'll just keep pedalling!!
Thanks again

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
Ah ok, I was looking in Strava.

I think you're the single person who rode more than me, so I can go through the dog & pony show of drawing your name out of a hat or we can just say that you were the winner of my incredibly undefined and low-key challenge. So you have the following options:

1. You get to show me around Wiss one day, I will buy you lunch, then I'll give you some MTBNJ socks
2. I can show you around up here one day (CR?), I buy lunch, and you get socks
3. I can just send you socks
4. Choose your own adventure. I will entertain offers.

I'd be up for anything - and no need to buy lunch - it was fun enough just having someone to chase all month (I will, however, happily take the socks!) If you've never ridden Wiss, I'd say come on down here at some point either way - I like showing folks around here as much for selfish reasons as anything else (I ride Wiss so much that riding with someone who hasn't been there in a long time or ever always re-ups my stoke when it starts to get stale.) I don't think I've ridden CR before but I've ridden or raced pretty much all over NJ at some point or another so it's possible I did and just don't recall. If you'd like to see something new, then come on down. Even if it's been a while, Wiss has changed a lot over the last few years -- there are over 25 miles of trail now compared to maybe 16 or so a decade ago. If you'd prefer to stay local up there, just say when! No need to plan too far in advance, too -- just give me a shout a day or two ahead and unless I'm on the road I'll be there. And of course, anyone else who wants to come along is welcome.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'd be up for anything - and no need to buy lunch - it was fun enough just having someone to chase all month (I will, however, happily take the socks!) If you've never ridden Wiss, I'd say come on down here at some point either way - I like showing folks around here as much for selfish reasons as anything else (I ride Wiss so much that riding with someone who hasn't been there in a long time or ever always re-ups my stoke when it starts to get stale.) I don't think I've ridden CR before but I've ridden or raced pretty much all over NJ at some point or another so it's possible I did and just don't recall. If you'd like to see something new, then come on down. Even if it's been a while, Wiss has changed a lot over the last few years -- there are over 25 miles of trail now compared to maybe 16 or so a decade ago. If you'd prefer to stay local up there, just say when! No need to plan too far in advance, too -- just give me a shout a day or two ahead and unless I'm on the road I'll be there. And of course, anyone else who wants to come along is welcome.

I have never ridden Wiss so I want to go down there. We are away next week but once I get back let's figure out how to make it happen.

KStwenty1

Thank you so much for putting this contest together again this year @jdog. I've been trying to complete this three years running but have either been unable or sidetracked. This year I finally did it!!! I rode every day for at least 1 hour which was split duty between my road bike and fat bike. There was 1 Day in the MTB too. 564.8 miles!!!!!!

JRP581

I too would like to thank @jdog for putting this challenge out there. I rode every day at least an hour. I had 59 hours 649 miles half road and half mtb. This was more about meeting new people on this journey for me, and want to thank @sarcaro and @JimN for getting me out there meeting all the great people of mtbnj, and the Kittatiny ride of July 1 was only the start. And of course @trailhead for get me started on this great platform.

Stef

❤ Brownie Biatch ❤
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This was more about meeting new people on this journey for me, and want to thank @sarcaro and @JimN for getting me out there meeting all the great people of mtbnj, and the Kittatiny ride of July 1 was only the start. .

but i have so many other peeps for you to meet and parks to ride :)

Last edited:

ekuhn

@jdog curious on how this all ended up? You had indicated that participation was down, but wondering how I did compared to others. TIA

img56884127.jpg

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
yeah that would be nice to see, some kind of standing of the participants.
@jdog

That's a pretty big ask, though. In order to do that, he'd have to go through all the posts and add up time and/or miles or whatever - and he'd have to coalesce data across multiple platforms (because some of us use Strava, some Garmin Connect, and maybe some use RideWithGPS or some other app.) That's like saying, "Hey, @jdog ... give us a chance to win free stuff ... and then do math." I think the only way to know that sort of thing is to have everyone who did the contest add up their own and post it in one place.

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I know he had a list of people who came in to claim their prize. I believe he had overall miles and hours on it... Of course he might not have that list any more...

Top Bottom