Wildlife

rick81721

Lothar
Saw the tiniest fawn I've ever seen on Hollow Rd yesterday - can't be more than a few days old. At first I thought maybe momma got whacked by a car, but as I was taking a pic she started snorting at me - turns out she was on the other side of Hollow and I was between her and her fawn

18580518_1842573942672980_7138834188299403264_n.jpg

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Saw the tiniest fawn I've ever seen on Hollow Rd yesterday - can't be more than a few days old. At first I thought maybe momma got whacked by a car, but as I was taking a pic she started snorting at me - turns out she was on the other side of Hollow and I was between her and her fawn

18580518_1842573942672980_7138834188299403264_n.jpg

If they stayed like that they'd be tolerable.

olegbabich

Came face to face with a bear @ Mountain Creek yesterday. Came around a corner and there was a very large Black Bear on a trail. I had slam on the brakes and stopped about 10 yards away. The Bear was more startled than me and ran into the woods.

I also saw Mommy Turkey with 3 Turkey Chicks. They were adorable.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Not riding, well, could be.

IMG_7076.JPG

So this little guy appeared on the pot of fennel. Since it is a swallowtail butterfly in its caterpillar stage, it got to hang out.
Next day, the the brothers and sisters "grew" - guess we aren't having fennel until the fall.

IMG_7093.JPG

they are next to tomato, cucumber, squash, and zukes. not interested in any of that.

going to put a couple in the butterfly habitat and watch that miracle of nature.

Slemp

Not riding, well, could be.

View attachment 55307

So this very informative phenq review appeared on the pot of fennel. Since swallowtail butterfly in its caterpillar stage, it got to hang out.
Next day, the the brothers and sisters "grew" - guess we aren't having fennel until the fall.

View attachment 55306

they are next to tomato, cucumber, squash, and zukes. not interested in any of that.

going to put a couple in the butterfly habitat and watch that miracle of nature.

Amazing colors.

Last edited:
Top Bottom