NJ State Government Closed

jackx

Soundz like Stephens State Park, Kittatinney SP, etc would be closed. But I would say that the vast majority of MTB riders at a lot of these parks such as Stephens aren't parking at the main entrance with the ranger station, where the park entrance may be officially closed.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Can someone local tell me.if the gate at KVSP is locked. We have a group ride scheduled at 9am.

Rock48nj

Yeah I was planning on hitting deer park this morning and it's a bit of a trek from where I live now... but sounds like I'd be risking a ticket essentially by parking in the lot. Guess I will have to take the gamble or go for a run local versus a ride

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Group ride at 9am at KVSP. Park here if gate on Goodall rd. is locked.
40.999464, -74.747071 Sussex Branch Rail Trail/206 LotDirections

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah I was planning on hitting deer park this morning and it's a bit of a trek from where I live now... but sounds like I'd be risking a ticket essentially by parking in the lot. Guess I will have to take the gamble or go for a run local versus a ride

Park at the Rutherford Hall / Allamuchy School parking lot and ride in from there. It's a better place to start from anyway.

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Can someone local tell me.if the gate at KVSP is locked. We have a group ride scheduled at 9am.

Sorry I didn't see this earlier. I would assume the Gate will be closed as there is a make-shift gate at the Sussex Branch.....but it still has room to allow vehicles in and out.
@jdgang and I are still in.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm sure you will be able to figure out where to park. I believe there is also a bike shop near the turn for Goodall rd.

Unfortunately the government shut down did not effect the Monmouth county golf course I work on and therefore will not be attending the ride. Try to carry on without me.

rlb

I paid my taxes this year, they can lick my balls... See you guys on the trails

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2017/07/christie_calls_special_session_of_legislature_the.html

Screenshot_20170701-082750.png

SpartaBard

I am actually more concerned about our mtn bike camp this week. We are planning on hitting Allaire, KVSP, and Six Mile this week.... we would need to do some shuffling.

Frank

Sasquatch
Friends are texting me with reports of Park Police booting people from Allaire......happy fucking holidays

Kaleidopete

Wawayanda is closed, the rangers have been on duty since 7 PM Friday night and stopping ALL from entering, walking or biking.
Entrances along Clinton Rd have been roped off too.

Top Bottom