Parson's Pond Park - Bergen County's Newest Trail Dig

MixMastaMM

Team Bulldog Rider
Parson's Pond Park Commission & Jersey Off Road Bicycle Association invite all members of the community to join in the building of the trail network at Parsons Pond Park

The network of trails will be open to use by walkers, hikers, runners and bikers. Come out to Franklin Lake's newest park and get involved with this great opportunity. All work hours are volunteer and will count for school community service hours.

Meet at Parson's Pond Park Fitness Center https://goo.gl/maps/TJGYLWiWWFx

Time: Saturday July 8, 8:45am. Work will wrap up at 12:00

This is the first of many work days to come, please come prepaired with work gloves, sturdy footware, water & snacks. Tools will be provided. Satisfaction and a feeling of accomplishment are guaranteed!

For more information on JORBA, see www.jorba.org

Please bring a signed JORBA Libility waver with you: http://www.jorba.org/sites/default/files/JORBAWaiverOfLiability.pdf

RSVP to franklinlakestrails@gmail.com

Delish

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Very interesting project, particularly in light of recent events in Watchug and continued hatred of mtb in Essex. What is the vision for the trails at Parson's Pond? Looks like a small parcel but well situated. I am hopeful that trails will be beginner/kid friendly. Will try to get out and do some digging on the 8th.

MixMastaMM

Team Bulldog Rider
Very interesting project, particularly in light of recent events in Watchug and continued hatred of mtb in Essex. What is the vision for the trails at Parson's Pond? Looks like a small parcel but well situated. I am hopeful that trails will be beginner/kid friendly. Will try to get out and do some digging on the 8th.

The trails will be 100% beginner friendly. My long term goal is a safe place for kids and families to ride. There are some other nearby parks that could be put together for a longer loop. I'm also hopeful to work a CX loop into the mix!

Here is a rough track of the first section that will be built.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170624-070737.png
    Screenshot_20170624-070737.png
    156.8 KB · Views: 106

qclabrat

I'm gone most of July, please keep us posted on other dig dates. Looking forward to another JORBA park

Delish

Team MTBNJ Halter's
What is the status of these trails? Are they rideable for 6-8 y/o kids? Are there any upcoming TM sessions?

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Mike thanks for the work on the trails. Is it still just the one smaller loop you showed last year or is there more there now? Can we get it into trailforks or a strava link?

MixMastaMM

Team Bulldog Rider
Bumping this back up from the depths. There will be an opening ceremony on 4/27 at 1:30pm. I'll be working any time the weather isn't raining for the next two weeks. There will be an official session on 4/20 from 2:00pm to 5:00pm. Work will include raking leaves to cutting the last few bench cuts. Come out and put the finishing bow on this project!

Top Bottom