Lewis Morris Challenge

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Another mtb category question....say someone is competitive in Cat 2, and is thinking about signing up for Cat 1 solely for the purpose of the earlier start time because of plans in the afternoon, would said person be stuck in Cat 1 of they sign up for any future races (USAC or otherwise?)

....and said person doesn't care about points or jerseys, just enjoys attending races when possible and hanging out with cool peeps (and @Mitch on occasion)
You need a annual cat 1 license cause it's USAC event. Day of's are good for cat 2/3/fat bike only.

Stef

❤ Brownie Biatch ❤
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Cat 2 it is! Thanks :)

From registration page

USA Cycling licenses are required for this race. One-Day licenses are available for $10 at registration. One-Day licenses are only available for cat 3 and cat 2 racers. Cat 1 racers may purchase a one day license for $25, but this can only be done once a year. See USA Cycling website to understand how the catagories work and how to upgrade. The catagories are: Cat 3(begginer) Cat 2(Sport-Intermediate) Cat 1(Expert) and Pro.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I know. He said he is done with it though. Any chance he would let another promoter like you guys continue the tradition?

I don't think he'd want another promoter owning it just like I would not want another promoter owning any of our races. If SSaP were to live on it would either be George changing his mind or going in tandem with another club to provide manpower only. I could see that as a possible recourse but in terms of running the race logistics, I wouldn't want to take that race on. He's done a great job with it and I wouldn't want to inherit it and destroy the great reputation he built.

From registration page

USA Cycling licenses are required for this race. One-Day licenses are available for $10 at registration. One-Day licenses are only available for cat 3 and cat 2 racers. Cat 1 racers may purchase a one day license for $25, but this can only be done once a year. See USA Cycling website to understand how the catagories work and how to upgrade. The catagories are: Cat 3(begginer) Cat 2(Sport-Intermediate) Cat 1(Expert) and Pro.

For USAC races he would need to request an upgrade. So while there is a cat 1 day-of option, he would need to get his cat 1 upgrade before the race. This sounds like a lot of effort to hang out with @Mitch.

Matt_

I Get Jokes
For USAC races he would need to request an upgrade. So while there is a cat 1 day-of option, he would need to get his cat 1 upgrade before the race. This sounds like a lot of effort to hang out with @Mitch.

I'm flattered that you think I was talking about me. :)

But yeah sounds like more trouble than its worth. Guess it'll be just me and the 4 kids at the bday party that Sunday...

Stef

❤ Brownie Biatch ❤
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
[QUOTE="

For USAC races he would need to request an upgrade. So while there is a cat 1 day-of option, he would need to get his cat 1 upgrade before the race. This sounds like a lot of effort to hang out with @Mitch.[/QUOTE]

this for cat 2 as well?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah, mountain biking is a lot more loose with the rules. They pretty much auto-upgrade to cat 2.

Stef

❤ Brownie Biatch ❤
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's

Attachments

• IMG_8001.JPG
    IMG_8001.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 114

xc62701

I got two laps in today. It's a great classic course. Who paved the start? If it's dry it's going to be crazy fast. If it's wet there's gonna be bodies in the trees :)

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I got two laps in today. It's a great classic course. Who paved the start? If it's dry it's going to be crazy fast. If it's wet there's gonna be bodies in the trees :)
That section after the new bridge was all filled in before the NICA race. Not sure if it was done for that reason, or just cause it w a giant washed out rut.

Gnick

im going to try to ride the course one day this week. maybe early morning. I live 80miles away but i feel like i should ride it at least once before the actual race

Top Bottom