Lewis Morris Challenge

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
At the end of the day, 99.9% of the racers could care less about a jersey, they would be content with just winning & getting the medal.

I won Cat 1 state championship last year (5 of us started the race, two guys in front of me flatted FTW!!!!)..... and I can confirm I haven't thought about a championship jersey until this thread.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
That's kinda my point. With some races ring USAC and some not, you need to buy a license for no reason. The series needs to pick a side. If you host a USAC event, play by USAC rules like every other discipline. Don't force racers to pay $10 extra for no reason.

What would be great is if Hilltop jumped into the mix and hosted a race too! I did start that machinery in motion and talked to the key players involved, but it never got off the ground. Maybe now is the time to get more involved?

It is considerably easier to tell others what they are doing wrong than to take on the endeavor and show everyone how it is done right. Usually this is because there are conflicting forces that prevent it from being done "right" to begin with. And when you do have a consensus, there is no guarantee that right is right, or if it is really wrong.

The reason you buy a license is to support the races that want to report your scores to USAC so you can qualify for Nationals. The H2H series has picked a side, and that is the side of not needing to be a USAC race in order to be in the series. Now we, as a series, cannot prevent anyone from joining USAC. I mean, who am I to tell Vic that he can't be a USAC race? That is not my place to say. We already suffer from a lack of promoters and as we mentioned on another thread, I think we have lost 3 promoters and 4 races in the last year. How can we afford to force more out?

If H2H goes all-in for USAC, I am pretty sure 3 of the promoters will drop, us included. You'll be left with 3 or 4 races in the series, which then begs the question, is it a series at all?

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
What would be great is if Hilltop jumped into the mix and hosted a race too! I did start that machinery in motion and talked to the key players involved, but it never got off the ground. Maybe now is the time to get more involved?

It is considerably easier to tell others what they are doing wrong than to take on the endeavor and show everyone how it is done right. Usually this is because there are conflicting forces that prevent it from being done "right" to begin with. And when you do have a consensus, there is no guarantee that right is right, or if it is really wrong.

The reason you buy a license is to support the races that want to report your scores to USAC so you can qualify for Nationals. The H2H series has picked a side, and that is the side of not needing to be a USAC race in order to be in the series. Now we, as a series, cannot prevent anyone from joining USAC. I mean, who am I to tell Vic that he can't be a USAC race? That is not my place to say. We already suffer from a lack of promoters and as we mentioned on another thread, I think we have lost 3 promoters and 4 races in the last year. How can we afford to force more out?

If H2H goes all-in for USAC, I am pretty sure 3 of the promoters will drop, us included. You'll be left with 3 or 4 races in the series, which then begs the question, is it a series at all?

We had a race planned but weren't able to join the series because of the previous race rule so it all got nixed to put focus on the Fat Epic and Fondo as stand alone events. Is that ruling still in place? Would love to offer more races in the State.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
We had a race planned but weren't able to join the series because of the previous race rule so it all got nixed to put focus on the Fat Epic and Fondo as stand alone events. Is that ruling still in place? Would love to offer more races in the State.

Probably but I'll stand in as your "guide promoter" if that's what they need. It's not like we're dealing with an unknown entity here.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
H2H does buy jerseys for the series winners, right?. They have a cool banquet too. I haven't gone in a few years, but I think they still do the jerseys. It does seem a bit much for them to buy 2 sets of jerseys, one of which will only be offered to NJ residents. However, jerseys are cool award.

I like the variety in races. There is something for everyone. I also like the fact that racers can qualify for National locally.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah, I have a couple jerseys from winning the H2H series. There stashed away in a drawer. Maybe I'll value it 25yrs from now but for now I feel meh.

Superfly100guy

Next wed pre ride race course 6pm at pavilion. First lap will be easy no drop cat 3 pace after that we can do a cat 1/cat 2 drop pace.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
I won Cat 1 state championship last year (5 of us started the race, two guys in front of me flatted FTW!!!!)..... and I can confirm I haven't thought about a championship jersey until this thread.
Didn't you pull out of LewMo sick last year?

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Any chance he would let another promoter like you guys continue the tradition?
We currently host 3 races, 6 actually if you count all 4 short track races in March. Add those 4 plus Mooch Madness(H2H) and Stewart 45.

Any one who hosts a race and promotes it knows the kind of work involved for such an event. With that said, your comment is silly @David Taylor.

Matt_

I Get Jokes
Another mtb category question....say someone is competitive in Cat 2, and is thinking about signing up for Cat 1 solely for the purpose of the earlier start time because of plans in the afternoon, would said person be stuck in Cat 1 of they sign up for any future races (USAC or otherwise?)

....and said person doesn't care about points or jerseys, just enjoys attending races when possible and hanging out with cool peeps (and @Mitch on occasion)

Top Bottom