OFFICIAL - Post your bicycle workbench area

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
That is the new place yo!

It has everything we want except a big storage unit. There's good storage for everyday stuff but tight on space for bikes so I need to get creative.

Kidding man.
Fitting stuff in a conco/apartment with a baby on the way and mad bills to pay is tough.
More importantly, where you gonna set up the trainer??

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The pulley systems always intrigue me but they seem a bit jury rigged and I have a hard time trusting a piece of rope with $$$$ of carbon. They also don't look the cleanest, a little BDSM-y with all that rope.
Clean looks is literally the only thing I'd be worried about with this product. That rope will hold a lot more than that. There's really nothing that could happen, outside of somebody undoing the tie down and letting it drop or bumping into the bike enough to knock it off the hooks. I'd trust the system 100% as long as you mount them into a stud or something solid and it's high enough. The only other thing I'd do is bungee cord the hook to the bike so it can't get knocked off.

The Velo Hinge I think I lift the most because of looks and simplicity, so as long as the bikes won't be in the way that would be my #1.

Plan B. Move bikes and Zwift into baby room. Move baby into living room.

rlb

That is the new place yo!

It has everything we want except a big storage unit. There's good storage for everyday stuff but tight on space for bikes so I need to get creative.

Good luck my man! I'm trying to figure out how to fit all of this new baby stuff into a house, I don't envy your storage woes.

Option C: Go on a never ending bike ride. No need to store it.

Karate Monkey

@hotsauce you got basic power tools? I'll do the legwork and link a review I posted of a ceiling hoist I really liked. Nothing saying you can't spray-epoxy them white to fit in with the ceiling. Braided rope (even cheap stuff) is mad strong, but you can buy lift rated rope (total overkill) from McMaster Carr or Grainger for about $1 per foot, if you're worried about it. You'll probably need 55-60 feet, with that ceiling. (Is that an Avalon complex? Stair layout looks super familiar)

Linky

rick81721

Lothar
Lots of good ideas here. Gotta setup something in the new place. Current system is a disaster

I'm trying to figure out how to fit all of this new baby stuff into a house, I don't envy your storage woes.

Hey Rob congrats on the future addition!

hotsauce

Thanks for the replies and suggestions! We're doubling out footprint from 648 sq ft to 1360 so everything is going to fit one place or another, it may just take some time to find the best spot.

One thing I found is when buying in a building that has parking on the ground floor, it makes a digging a basement nearly impossible. So little to no storage space is the result. It's a trade off for sure, but I'll struggle through it if I don't have to drive around for 30 minutes every time I want to find parking. Plus my car doesn't get covered in gross urban road soot or backed into by the cars around me.

Maybe the hoist system would work, it could really get the bikes out of the way. Realistically, I'll have two bikes stored most of the time with the third in close reach for daily trainer time. @Karate Monkey, I have plenty of tools but a tall ladder may be a bit tricky to find. May have to entice the home improvement obsessed family over to borrow their stuff. It's not Avalon, it was built by Molfetta in 2008. It's in the southwest corner of town.

Extra credit question, how do I say "sorry" to my wife and not end up sleeping on the couch when bringing a post-Supercross mud pit of a bike into the apartment?

Reactions: rlb

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Extra credit question, how do I say "sorry" to my wife and not end up sleeping on the couch when bringing a post-Supercross mud pit of a bike into the apartment?
Ever watch Dexter? Similar idea, just without the killing part. Make use of your parking area.

hotsauce

I do have a small yard with a hose so cleaning will be no issue. It's the getting home at 7PM when its 40 degrees and dark and exhausted that is the issue. A tarp ain't a bad idea though!

qclabrat

eying this at HF for $50, looks interesting as my 3rd garage double duties as my workshop
this would save value footprint real estate

I should have bought the house in Bridgewater with 4 garages...

image_23130.jpg

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
eying this at HF for $50, looks interesting as my 3rd garage double duties as my workshop
this would save value footprint real estate

I should have bought the house in Bridgewater with 4 garages...

image_23130.jpg

You can't do the 3 dolla Home Depot hooks?

Top Bottom