Chris Nordt

OK boys, looks like mother nature is going to cooperate this weekend.. Who's looking to hit 6 Mile Saturday morning around 8:30/9:00??

Kangdoy

OK boys, looks like mother nature is going to cooperate this weekend.. Who's looking to hit 6 Mile Saturday morning around 8:30/9:00??

40 % chance of spotty thunderstorms on Friday. If it rains, hopefully it won't affect the trails. If not, I'm down!

thegock

Here’s a good way to meet people on the board, while doing the right thing for access:

When: Thursday May 18, 7pm 10 Elizabethtown Plaza, Elizabeth - GET THERE EARLY!!

The meeting room has limited capacity and the opposition (NIMBYs, etc.) will be out in force.

The Union County Freeholders have re-introduced a resolution to "disapprove" MTB access in the Watchung Reservation Master Trails Plan. Our understanding is that the Freeholders want to put this issue to rest, and the vote on this resolution is the vehicle to do so.

What does it mean: If approved, MTB access to Watchung will be removed from the Master Trails Plan. In other words, all of our hard work over the years for equitable access to Watchung will be for nothing!

What should we do: We must DEFEAT this resolution. To do so, we need 5 of the 9 freeholders to vote NO. First: contact the freeholders and tell then to vote NO. Email addresses below. Second, submit comments on the UC website in support of MTB access. Link below. (MTB community are responsible users, encourage healthy lifestyles, equitable access, etc.) Third, do everything in your power to attend the next freeholder meeting (details above). Fourth, spread the word!! We know that our community is advocating, but we need the casual rider and non-riders to weigh in.

Who: UC Freeholder email addresses:
bbergen@ucnj.org
sgranados@ucnj.org
linda.carter@ucnj.org
aestrada@ucnj.org
chudak@ucnj.org
mjalloh@ucnj.org
bkowalski@ucnj.org
amirabella@ucnj.org
vwright@ucnj.org

How: http://ucnj.org/parks-recreation/paths-trails-greenways/watchung-reservation-trails-master-plan/

Final Thoughts: the outcome of this vote is Not a "done deal." Our voices matter, and the freeholders do listen. We couldn't have gotten this far without everyone's efforts. We need one last push to realize our goal of MTB access at Watchung!!

Thank you, and #freewatchung
BLUE HERON ECHO BDU IMG_20170212_145514.jpg

Chris Nordt

Haven't gotten much response to the 6 Mile ride, but MTBNJ on Facebook posted a group ride tomorrow at the same time at Nassau.. You down @Kangdoy? I haven't ridden Nassau yet

qclabrat

Eh, think I may hit up Chimney. Perfect weather tomorrow for an ass kicking.
conditions should be great tomorrow at CR
I may get there at the crack of dawn, 5am ish
will do the regular, white>orange>yellow>orange>red loop if anyone is interested
guard rail climb is pissing me off lately, I can't even get up half way and now there's even a cut through to make it easier

also just got back from Lewis Morris for a few loops, its so cleaned up there, Nassau is so much more fun

Kangdoy

Whoa...a little too early for me.

Damn, I don't know how anyone can do the guard rail climb. Crazy man.

If weather is good Memorial Day weekend, I may check out Nassau.

qclabrat

surprisingly the fat bike got me up pretty far, I just can navigate before those crazy roots at the top and with a 40 lb bike
might be able to get up there with a lighter plus bike, wider tires do seem to help lesser climbers like me
I just got a new to me 29r from pinkbike today, hope to have it by next weekend, plan to convert it to a plus bike if it fits since only a 142 rear
right now having fun with my 26r, my old 29r, is so bit to shit, needs major TLC

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
surprisingly the fat bike got me up pretty far, I just can navigate before those crazy roots at the top and with a 40 lb bike
might be able to get up there with a lighter plus bike, wider tires do seem to help lesser climbers like me
I just got a new to me 29r from pinkbike today, hope to have it by next weekend, plan to convert it to a plus bike if it fits since only a 142 rear
right now having fun with my 26r, my old 29r, is so bit to shit, needs major TLC
Wut did ya get?

Top Bottom