Allaire stuff

MMuller

Funny too, of all the people I know that ride Allaire, for all these years, the only person I ever envisioned myself colliding with climbing Serpentine was Mitch!

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Just got word there are more red markings, if the person who is doing this reads this board could you PM me ?
or if anyone knows who this is again PM me.
Mike C...

mike_243

JORBA.ORG
With Maprika and all the other smart phone mapping apps available how is any of this necessary???? Noticed more and more spray paint on the trails and it creates quite an eyesore!
My next door neighbor is going to start riding Allaire the first thing I said was "dude you need to get maprika" to which he pulls out his flip phone.... yeah thats not going to work very well.

giff06

My next door neighbor is going to start riding Allaire the first thing I said was "dude you need to get maprika" to which he pulls out his flip phone.... yeah thats not going to work very well.
All well and good but before you had a smartphnone and all the tracking technology did you run into the woods with a can of spray paint??

w_b

Something about there not being enough red in the woods?
Seriously, what kind of thought process comes up with "this is a good idea?"
Did Harold Beanerberg have a ghostly vision that told him to put his initials on trees?

I think we need to offer him a collective $20 for video of lighting himself on fire. I'm sure a few of his like-minded friends will volunteer to man the flip phones; they obviously have no jobs to complement their empty skulls.

Win-win: no more Beanerberg, and relatively more common sense in the world.

This makes the boom-box-ignorants-blasting-music-on-6MR-trails seem like frickin' Einsteins in comparison.

/rant

Gnick

i saw these the last time i was out riding. i was really confused by it because it is so much different then the markings throughout the rest of the trails.

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Something about there not being enough red in the woods?
Seriously, what kind of thought process comes up with "this is a good idea?"
Did Harold Beanerberg have a ghostly vision that told him to put his initials on trees?

I think we need to offer him a collective $20 for video of lighting himself on fire. I'm sure a few of his like-minded friends will volunteer to man the flip phones; they obviously have no jobs to complement their empty skulls.

Win-win: no more Beanerberg, and relatively more common sense in the world.

This makes the boom-box-ignorants-blasting-music-on-6MR-trails seem like frickin' Einsteins in comparison.

/rant
Just a side note
the HB painted was for Hog Bog trail...

Also painted yellow on Airplane field trees as well..

w_b

That sure makes me feel better knowing Beanerburger is in the clear; phew.

Last edited:

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
On the subject of alaire, I did see a non government car parked out in the woods be the hog bog. I did get a picture. If any body has a number to report it I will.

mike_243

JORBA.ORG
So apparently the person that is marking the trails is still at it as of last week.
If anyone sees anyone doing this please tell them to contact me so we can discuss how the park wants blazes done,

Mike C ...

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions