Watchung Reservation MTB Access - This Is It!!

TheLonerider

Lie-ability?

Look at jorba website theres a nj law exempting private landowners from liability, how could it be be an issue for a county park?

A bunch of chowder heads who don't know mtb from adam given veto power over the knowledgeable is a disgrace.

Good news is we all know they are PROVEN liars now we know where they stand. Spread the truth no one has jurisdiction over it.

TheLonerider

I applaud your effort but dont waste your time. Cant storm the castle. Support another county
Like I said I intend to fuck back. At a minimum make sure they don;t walk away with the money and maybe document this whole thing.

as to the county, I live here, the board of freeloaders are just passing thru.

TheLonerider

So they lie for 3 years and spend our money and then expect us to just say "oh well".

Sorry dudes, I'm not in the moods for lying down for your bs ban imposed in a backroom 20 years ago with no public input by the unelected.

TheLonerider

brians-rant-My-First-OPRA-Request.jpg

I started with this 3 years ago and it ain't over. (my first opra request)

TheLonerider

Thanks... yeh one dude i know is actually married to someone who does "kane in your corner" ... i just sold him a fat chance lol

but seriously if u wanna do it we can get some folks together and pm me on it.

Matt_

I Get Jokes
Protest aside I'd think this alone is News12 worthy... "In a major turn of events, UC Freeholders turn their backs on residents by cancelling plans for mtb trails at WR that they've supported for the past few years " (rewritten by someone with a better imagination)

Xler8

This needs to be taken to the next level. Time to blow the lid off this thing.

I recall many times people asking why was the ban put in place originally. And till today no one has been able to answer that question. For that reason alone it makes this whole thing stink to high heaven.

If the FH's think this is over then they are blind to the world around them.

HumanVise

The fact that the turnout was 50/50 pro vs against and the vote went 5-3-1 indicates that the FH are not representing their constituents properly. Still no legal reason to exclude MTB, plain old politics.

Mildly Wild

I was there last night. Very sad outcome, but I can't help thinking this was a done deal before the meeting started based on the 25 minute prepared oratory of "why this is not a good idea" from the chairman that obviously was written prior to the meeting.

thegock

I didn't catch those Strava dates that Bruce cited in his remarks. Does anyone know the ride dates he mentioned? A guy that I was sitting with said one date was 2/24/15 and that the other date was also 2015.

Bruce said that the rider who posted on Strava had spoken last night. I am guessing that it wasn't one of the opposition, who were mostly over 75 years old. The speed was 29mph downhill? It doesn't seem plausible on dirt in the Reservation.

I wanted to write Bruce about this, not that it will matter, but I wanted to correct any wrong impression that the opposition managed to create with Strava.

A valuable lesson for MTB advocacy.

#freewatchung

Last edited:

Mountain Bike Mike

Plan B.... Sounds like its time for a Union County charity ride to raise money for watchung reservation...

$$$ drives political influence. Sad but true.

Get hundreds of cyclists to parade through the county and make sure lots of pics and videos of cyclists patronizing local businesses. Bringing $$$ in to the community.

Have the route go through the reservation

qclabrat

this is heart wrenching, many of you have spent countless hours advocating access and to have the tables turned in the last few months is just plain wrong
I only attended a few of the meetings at the Trailside, but am not a stranger there, having spent a lot of time volunteering at the museum when my kids were younger.

A formal protest is a great idea, I'll be there

Zaskar

Get hundreds of cyclists to parade through the county and make sure lots of pics and videos of cyclists patronizing local businesses. Bringing $$$ in to the community.

I was just talking about how short sighted they are.

With this weekends NICA race being two hours south, we've decided to get a hotel room instead of driving down on Sunday morning.

My family of 4 be dining out at a local establishment on Saturday night, staying in a local hotel, buying breakfast Sunday morning and probably stopping for last minute food items and gas.

Top Bottom