Allaire stuff

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Hey if anyone out there is trying to help out by marking the trails please get in touch with me so we don't mark the trails wrong.
The included picture was sent to us today it is from the hog bog 2 things are not right in this one
First there is no "red trail" in Allaire at all plus we try not to put the trail name on the marking.
If you see any one doing these blazes let me know where in the park the marks are.
Thanks in advance...

Attachments

• IMG951037.jpg
    IMG951037.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 400

Karate Monkey

I agree. BUT, what is wrong with naming the trails. I think I nice printed all weather sign would be pretty cool.

There's one at the kiosk at the trailhead. It has all the legal trails listed already. I believe hog-bog, in particular, is unblazed because of its design (no "right way" to go through), not laziness. The same goes for many of the unmarked trails at Allaire. @Frank @mike_243 can correct me there, I'm sure.

(woo, first post in 1 month using my left hand!)

Jim & Val

Mike I have another photo of another tree that was painted, don't know how to post it. I'll show you the next time I see you.
I believe I passed the guy on my way from imba to hog bog. Paint was still wet when I took the pictures
Jim

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Mike I have another photo of another tree that was painted, don't know how to post it. I'll show you the next time I see you.
I believe I passed the guy on my way from imba to hog bog. Paint was still wet when I took the pictures
Jim
Jim, do we know this guy? Have you seen him before? This is like Frank said, pure graffiti. Who wants to be riding in the nice green and brown woods and see this big red blob on the trees. This so pisses me off, even more then when people ride up Serpentine the wrong way.

MikeyBikey2000

Jim, do we know this guy? Have you seen him before? This is like Frank said, pure graffiti. Who wants to be riding in the nice green and brown woods and see this big red blob on the trees. This so pisses me off, even more then when people ride up Serpentine the wrong way.

He should have painted Do Not Enter instead of that silly blue 'S' at the bottom of the trail.

Jim & Val

Nope I don't think so -just a guy out jogging. Was the only person I saw down there at the time.
Do they make bark colored paint?

giff06

With Maprika and all the other smart phone mapping apps available how is any of this necessary???? Noticed more and more spray paint on the trails and it creates quite an eyesore!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions