Wawayanda State Park Conditions

mtbiker87

Rode here today, and trails were good to go other than a few blow downs scattered around various trails. The roads are wet, a bit sloppy in places, but other than a few wet spots here and there, the single track I rode on the south side of the park was good to go. I come in from the Canistear side of Cherry Ridge and rode Cherry Ridge, to Cabin Trail, to Turkey Ridge, Tombstone, Rattlesnake, Pickle, looped around Hemlock, back to right hand fork of White Dot, to Laural, to Sitting Bear, to South End, to Pumphouse, then back out.

Kaleidopete

Trails are drying out nicely. Did a TM today, tree work.

TM LB2.jpg

TM LB.jpg

Kaleidopete

Nice ride at WayWay today, the trails look in great shape, with the usual wet spots.
I rode Laurel trail up to Cherry Ridge and then over to Timber tr. and up to South End trail to Sitting Bear and back over to Laurel trail. Quite a workout for me on South End. Great trails though. There is a nice rock rideover for a downed tree way up on Laurel trail. It’s VERY muddy out by Cabin Trail and Old WayWay road area. My loop was just over seven miles.

South End trail
Southend5.jpg

Ride over
Laurel rideover04.jpg

Laurel rideover03.jpg

chris12453

I rode all of Hofferlin, Waywayanda Road to Iron Mountain Rd, down some of pump house and some of laurel pond and back out Double Pond yesterday and it was all in pretty good shape. The usual wet spots, but nothing too crazy. The rock bridge across pump house towards cherry ridge was full exposed, so the water level is at least going down some.

This is the loop I am referring to.

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/14930680

trekfan

the one down tree that really annoys me is the large one down right at the entrance of pumphouse within very visible sight of the auxiliary entrance. park workers can obviously see it daily as they come and go but it's been down for weeks now. makes me wonder what the park would look like without volunteer maintenance when something so visible goes unaddressed...

on red dot there's an annoying tree down right after nature jim's bridge, and another small one up a little bit at the start of the climb there. on mojo the tree that was leaning and was part of the path has now fallen. pretty tight squeeze. another pretty large tree down as you take the right onto pumphouse from south end. more exploring this weekend

Mildly Wild

Large tree down on Plymouth Lane. Coming from Dbl Pond, at the bottom of the hill about 150 yds past the last wooden bridge and about 75 yds before the big rock garden.

jackx

Rode Wawayanda on Wednesday. The single track i hit was bone dry. I only encountered a few wet areas on some fire roads.

Kaleidopete

So my ride this morning was rather disappointing, trails were great, weather a little damp, scenery a little disappointing.

Here is the field the day after the XTERRA triathlon where over two hundred people gathered on Saturday for the race.
garbage example06.jpg

Here is the picnic area this morning, Monday, after about 8 visitors enjoyed their day on Sunday.
garbage example05.jpg

garbage example07.jpg

Kaleidopete

The trails are great right now and the weather is great too, The Laurel flowers are poping out.

The weekend picnickers are keeping the park workers busy.
garbage72.jpg

trekfan

i really wish they'd start fining people for dumping trash in the park. also wouldn't mind them raising the day pass rates, at least for out of state residents, to cut down on the congestion over the weekends

regarding the trails, yep, in good shape. there's a large tree down at the very entrance of red dot just past the wooden bridge. must have fallen within the past day or two. otherwise, all clear!

mtbiker87

Rode the south end of the park this evening. Conditions were great, other than some pretty tall over growth along the pipeline at the top of tombstone.

huffster

the one down tree that really annoys me is the large one down right at the entrance of pumphouse within very visible sight of the auxiliary entrance. park workers can obviously see it daily as they come and go but it's been down for weeks now. makes me wonder what the park would look like without volunteer maintenance when something so visible goes unaddressed...
Thought you'd like to know that one has finally been addressed.

Kev

Just did a loop of Walls, Mojo, Hemlock, Pickle, Rattlesnake, Pines, Turkey Ridge, and Splitrock. Conditions were great! Some rocks were a little slippery, but that was not too much of a problem. By the way, what is the name of that new trail that connects the bottom of Pines to Buddha? I tried it for the first time today and it was a lot of fun.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions