Allaire Conditions

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Was nice yesterday and should be prime for the beginner ride tonight come on out and meet the crew...

Frank

Sasquatch
Where is Allaire Beach?
allairemap.jpg

you can see it on the old map

Actually, it's down trail a bit. It was / is called Beach due to the broken sea shells there. Not sure where that soil originated from, but there are other spots with shells at Allaire.

RobW

View attachment 51029

you can see it on the old map

Actually, it's down trail a bit. It was / is called Beach due to the broken sea shells there. Not sure where that soil originated from, but there are other spots with shells at Allaire.
The different soil compositions at allaire always makes me think how diverse it really is... sand, shells, pea gravel, black dirt, and in the pines there is that loamy composted pine needle..

Frank

Sasquatch
Curious... what year is this map from?
Mid to late 90's is as close as I can get to an answer. There are many trails on that map that have been closed, or re-routed. that map was drawn, not computer generated, so it's nothing like the map that was created a few years ago.

Johnny Utah

The different soil compositions at allaire always makes me think how diverse it really is... sand, shells, pea gravel, black dirt, and in the pines there is that loamy composted pine needle..
It's really not diverse. The whole thing is a sand based layer or "regolith" which is soil devoid of real nutrients. The immediate layer on top is organic based from decaying plant life, the color usually derived from the plant life that is decaying. Beyond that there are some small pockets of clay throughout the park. Otherwise it is sand.

If you want to see some real shells, go across from the church. There are dump truck loads of them.

Look at me using my college edumacation.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions