OFFICIAL - Post your bicycle workbench area

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
IMG_1939.JPG

Tonight's latest addition to the garage, chrome cast and time warner cable

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
So I recently moved from an apartment to a house. Obviously one of the first orders of business was the bike storage and workshop area. Wife allotted me 1 room of the house for the man/bike cave. Luckily, the utility room is spacious enough and perfectly laid out for one (also one of the reasons we bought this house). I haven't started on the workbench yet, but bike storage was complete week 1. This random little alcove of the utility room was perfect. Will post workbench area when complete.
full

Finally got around to building my workbench this weekend. Used plans I found linked on mtbnj and modified them to fit my needs. $50 worth of materials at Home Depot and they did all the cuts for me so all I had to do was screw together.
16681891_10207293611093615_260735122947189207_n.jpg

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Finally got around to building my workbench this weekend. Used plans I found linked on mtbnj and modified them to fit my needs. $50 worth of materials at Home Depot and they did all the cuts for me so all I had to do was screw together.
16681891_10207293611093615_260735122947189207_n.jpg
Cool neon light. Turn it on!

Ian F

C01603F6-D3B3-490D-8544-5DD08A80EF41_zpsbvenswf7.jpg

rainy day yesterday so banged this out. ikea cabinets on closeout, every hook home depot sells and a couple 2x4's, here we is!

Pearl - question - what is the height of the mtn bike rear tire from the floor? I'm trying to determine if I have enough room to do a similar staggered hanging set-up. Right now, I have way more bikes in the quiver than I have room to effectively store and work on them.

hotsauce

Does anyone have any experience with the Velo Hinge or anything similar? I'm looking for a solution to hang two road bikes and one CX bike kind of above the light fixture in this picture. Moving to a new apartment with no storage room and I need to figure something out! Any other suggestions welcome!!
IMG_2886.JPG

Karate Monkey

That's all the room you have? A velo hinge would work, buy you might try something like the two bike Delta rack. Sink a drywall anchor into the wall/put a screw through the stud, if available, to keep it from siding down.

Then throw up something like the Saris show-off behind a couch for the third bike.

hotsauce

It's Hoboken, so thats all I got. Unless I want to put a bike in the bedroom or baby to be's room. Was thinking of putting the hardware up high on the wall and using a step stool to hang the bikes so I don't take up any floor or walking space.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@hotsauce is that a main entrance into your place or some kind of back stairs or something? If you don't mind some extra, ugly stuff on the walls and want to get them as high as possible on the ceiling, you can always go with a pulley system. No need for a step stool. Piece it together yourself or grab a kit.
aktdesc_1127666189_00.jpg

hotsauce

@hotsauce is that a main entrance into your place or some kind of back stairs or something?
That door on the right is a secondary entrance to the hallway on the 2nd floor of the unit. Apparently every floor of an apartment within a building has to have access to a fire exit. I guess I could just leave the bikes on the landing in front of that secondary entrance since we don't plan on using it much.

The pulley systems always intrigue me but they seem a bit jury rigged and I have a hard time trusting a piece of rope with $$$$ of carbon. They also don't look the cleanest, a little BDSM-y with all that rope.

Reactions: rlb

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
That door on the right is a secondary entrance to the hallway on the 2nd floor of the unit. Apparently every floor of an apartment within a building has to have access to a fire exit. I guess I could just leave the bikes on the landing in front of that secondary entrance since we don't plan on using it much.

The pulley systems always intrigue me but they seem a bit jury rigged and I have a hard time trusting a piece of rope with $$$$ of carbon. They also don't look the cleanest, a little BDSM-y with all that rope.
Might be time to buy a bigger place yo.

Top Bottom