skills camps

Gnick

haha, so you really want me to hold you guys back?

if any of you want to ride Chimney leading up to the lesson, LMK. I personally rather get the lesson at CR as there's a few switch backs and drops I'd like some help on.
not sure if I'll make it up to CR or not, but i ride allaire a few times a week.

Xler8

If there's room, I would be interested in this. Would love to hone some of my skillz on the bike.

What would be some of the focal points of the session? Cornering? Weight distribution? Or would it be based on each persons current skill level?

Gnick

trener1

Friday is a slight possibility for me, looping around to the earlier part of this thread, my fitness is pretty good, my skills not so much, but a park with more challenges would seem better for me.

qclabrat

Friday is a slight possibility for me, looping around to the earlier part of this thread, my fitness is pretty good, my skills not so much, but a park with more challenges would seem better for me.
where do you usually ride?

Xler8

Wheelies and manuals would be great to master!

I could leave work early during the week if that helps scheduling.

BiknBen

Hey, fellas. I'm booked solid on Weekends until July.

A Friday option would open things up significantly.
Fri, May 5th
Fri, June 2nd
Fri, June 30th

Learning is done in a grass field. We can include a ride and hunt for challenges to session but that is after going over skills.

I like the idea of working on skills for 2-3 hours and then going for a ride together. Throw out some park suggestions and I'll let you know what I think. Lewis - Morris, Ringwood, Clayton, Allaire, Thorne, Kittatinny, and others are good possibilities.

Beginner/ Intermediate and Manuals/Wheelie do not go together.

Search for Ryan Leech' s 30-day challenges if you want those skills.

Xler8

Hey, fellas. I'm booked solid on Weekends until July.

A Friday option would open things up significantly.
Fri, May 5th
Fri, June 2nd
Fri, June 30th

Learning is done in a grass field. We can include a ride and hunt for challenges to session but that is after going over skills.

I like the idea of working on skills for 2-3 hours and then going for a ride together. Throw out some park suggestions and I'll let you know what I think. Lewis - Morris, Ringwood, Clayton, Allaire, Thorne, Kittatinny, and others are good possibilities.

Beginner/ Intermediate and Manuals/Wheelie do not go together.

Search for Ryan Leech' s 30-day challenges if you want those skills.

What kind of skills are worked on in the beginner/intermediate courses?

I looked at the Ryan Leech programs but was looking for something a little more personal.

Eddy-V

Thanks Ben, looking forward to the instruction.

I'm game for Friday May 5th, either PM or AM session, with a nod given to PM if that gets our head count to 5 riders.

Gnick

Thanks Ben, looking forward to the instruction.

I'm game for Friday May 5th, either PM or AM session, with a nod given to PM if that gets our head count to 5 riders.
5/5 in the afternoon would work well for me

wheelies, bunny hops, how to shift body weight to get over big logs without ramps on each side. stuff like that is what i'm looking to do. Bens video looks like it covers pretty much all that stuff.

qclabrat

I'd like to do two, kind of like part one and two at the intermediate level
really want to conquer steep switchbacks in both directions, I recall they used to be part of the intermediate agenda
beginner class focused on braking, body position and bike separation

good with Ben's suggestion to skip manuals

fine with 5/5 and 6/30 afternoons

Gnick

t
I'd like to do two, kind of like part one and two at the intermediate level
really want to conquer steep switchbacks in both directions, I recall they used to be part of the intermediate agenda
beginner class focused on braking, body position and bike separation

good with Ben's suggestion to skip manuals

fine with 5/5 and 6/30 afternoons
that seems fine with me

Top Bottom