skills camps

Eddy-V

@Gnick and @trener1 - I have been PMing @BiknBen about doing this same thing. I was throwing out the idea to him of doing 3 hours in A.M. then 1 hour lunch/social/practicing stuff, then 3 hours in the afternoon. His rate is very fair, but it would be capped at 5 riders. I'm definitely in, and @qclabrat expressed the same interest, so if you both are in also, then just need 1 more.

Gnick

@Gnick and @trener1 - I have been PMing @BiknBen about doing this same thing. I was throwing out the idea to him of doing 3 hours in A.M. then 1 hour lunch/social/practicing stuff, then 3 hours in the afternoon. His rate is very fair, but it would be capped at 5 riders. I'm definitely in, and @qclabrat expressed the same interest, so if you both are in also, then just need 1 more.
i'm ok with anything as long as our skill levels arent drastically different. a full day would be fine with me as long as we could find a central location we could all meet at.

trener1

I would be very interested, it would depend somewhat on time and cost, but I'd say I'd most likely be in.

Eddy-V

Ok, great. Just waiting on Ben to reply then we can firm up cost, dates, time, skill levels, etc...

We have potentially 4 students as of right now and still need one more rider. Thanks.

qclabrat

I'm a fairly casual rider and definitely lack endurance at the moment, haven't not done much all winter. Took Ben's beginner lesson 2 years ago when I started riding and really improved but haven't really up'd my game since. Just like golf I feel I'm making adjustments I'm not aware. 80% of my riding is at Chimney due to proximity, but Yellow/High Tech trail is still more than I can handle. I'd call myself a strong beginner to low intermediate. I'd suggest somewhere like Nassau for a lesson since its not crowded and has varied terrain. My lesson with Ben was at Lew Mo, which was okay as well.

BiknBen

A full day of instruction may be a bit much. I would typically suggest less. Maybe doing the 3-hour session and a brief ride hunting for challenges. Fatigue often kicks in during the afternoon.

If you have people of similar interests and ability eager for a full-day...I have plenty of coaching endurance. Consider $80 per hour for my time. Split it up amongst yourselves. 3 + 3 and an hour for you guys to rest equals 7 hours of my time. I've been doing this long enough to know that I never get a break. ;-)
The previously suggested places are fine. My next weekend availability is Saturday, May 6th.

Eddy-V

I'm game for a 3-4 hour session and then call it a day. This is a good compromise to get the ball (or wheels) rolling. It would run anywhere from $48-$64 per rider if we get 5 students. Either Nassau or Lew Mo works good, while concurring with @qclabrat that Nassau is ideal due to less foot (and pedal) traffic. I'm also looking to gain a solid intermediate skills and endurance level. Saturday 05/06/2017 works for me, and I am flexible to any other class hours or location or date. We still need 1 more rider. Thanks.

qclabrat

can't commit yet on the date till I get home in 3 days.
I teach an enrichment program to kids every Saturday, but may be able to move it later. Need to finish by 12pm though. Price would be fine for either 4-5 students at $80 an hour.

I'll need to put together my old 29r, as no one needs to see me on a 26r, haha

Eddy-V

@Gnick just re-read your initial post and saw the schedule conflict for May 6th, so we'll need to get another possible date from Ben, no problem.

Robin

Majority of the clinic is done on grass/open area. Nassau doesn't really have the grassy/open area required for this so Lewis Morris or Chimney Rock are better choices.

Gnick

@Gnick just re-read your initial post and saw the schedule conflict for May 6th, so we'll need to get another possible date from Ben, no problem.
yep - may 6th is my daughters birthday party. the 7th would be OK and the 13th or 20th would be OK too.

3-4 hours is fine with me too, finishing the ride looking for challenges. I'm riding as much as possible to boost my fitness, albeit only a couple times a week. My goal is really to just become more comfortable on the bike. I really can only wheelie for a couple pedal strokes. My bunny hops are atrocious, and I cant manual for shit.

2WHLZ

I am out of shape but I figure I'm somewhere in the low intermediate as far as skill level is concerned. If we are setting up and riding in one spot and there is no risk of me holding the group back I am game for a challenge. Let me know where you land (time,date) and I will let you know if I can make it. Oh and Lewis M or Chimney would be ideal for me.

qclabrat

@Gnick - I'm in pretty much the same boat as you ;)

So we'll see what other dates Ben has available and then take it from there.

@qclabrat not bringing the Fatty?
haha, so you really want me to hold you guys back?

if any of you want to ride Chimney leading up to the lesson, LMK. I personally rather get the lesson at CR as there's a few switch backs and drops I'd like some help on.

Top Bottom