Allaire Conditions

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
First off those conditions are not good to ride any park in ( I was being a bit sarcastic ) but if you do need to ride trails that are soft and wet then slow down and ride thru the center of the trail. When the puddles are avoided by going wide it starts to defeat the whole "single track" thing.
There is a lot of people that put a lot of hours into the trails and when we see this it does tend to upset some of them.
I think the dude that made the video did this one very early and has since found out that riding trails that are soft and wet is not good....

Oh if you were being sarcastic as well then you got me :)

Johnny Utah

First off those conditions are not good to ride any park in ( I was being a bit sarcastic ) but if you do need to ride trails that are soft and wet then slow down and ride thru the center of the trail. When the puddles are avoided by going wide it starts to defeat the whole "single track" thing.
There is a lot of people that put a lot of hours into the trails and when we see this it does tend to upset some of them.
I think the dude that made the video did this one very early and has since found out that riding trails that are soft and wet is not good....

Oh if you were being sarcastic as well then you got me :)
Pat is a convert to the good side, he drinks our tea now.

@ReverendNewman has a fly fatty now, he is going to ride the beach when it is too muddy otherwise three guys and a dog will pee on the trail in front of him.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Drizzle and rain today = NG tomorrow.
Found this on youtube. I can't believe the conditions this guy is riding in.

Man.... the angle of that lens does lots of weird stuff... It makes it look like he's riding 150mm cranks, and it also makes it look like he's going around all the puddles. Strange. Really strange.

ReverendNewman

Man.... the angle of that lens does lots of weird stuff... It makes it look like he's riding 150mm cranks, and it also makes it look like he's going around all the puddles. Strange. Really strange.
Rode that trail yesterday day. It was cool til I hit that hill at the end.

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Pat is a convert to the good side, he drinks our tea now.
So you're saying he now rides through the puddles and not around every single one (avoiding the stickers of course). Somehow I'm not convinced. I want to see a new video of him riding through the middle of the puddles in the rain..

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Came across this the other day. They seem like a decent group of guys. It's actually nice to see a group of good friends get together and ride like this... Just..... They look at trails as being rideable if they can physically do it, not about the damage caused.

Most of it is fine...Had they just stayed away from the low areas.... But no. Dragging the rear wheel the whole way down the hills is bad enough.. But in the wet? Ugh. :(

Johnny Utah

So you're saying he now rides through the puddles and not around every single one (avoiding the stickers of course). Somehow I'm not convinced. I want to see a new video of him riding through the middle of the puddles in the rain..
Hmmmm......I could get deep on this one but will continue to hide in my Allaire bubble like I have been.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Forget a room, Utah knows a special trail.. works best if you take your unleashed rotty with you to create a privacy zone and keep those pesky riders away.

Saw that one coming.
IMG_0834.JPG

Think about it....
IMG_0875.JPG

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions