Dark Beers: Porters, Browns and Stouts

onetracker

image.jpg Getting ready to take the recycling out. Here are some Porters, Browns and Stouts that I have been drinking this winter. What dark beers have you been drinking?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
ten fidy
storm king
--
need a nice barrel aged porter - been off the porter wagon for a bit.

sandman

A second on the GLBC Edmund Fitzgerald Porter. Joe Coffee Porter, not to bad. Big Eddy Baltic Porter was good. Vanilla Porter has a better label then taste, too Vanilla (go figure).

qclabrat

March is KBS season, it was good but no blown away like last year. This one is age for a year which is what I like, still waiting for 2017 KBS to show up locally. Anyone seen one?
WP_20170314_21_40_39_Pro.jpg

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
March is KBS season, it was good but no blown away like last year. This one is age for a year which is what I like, still waiting for 2017 KBS to show up locally. Anyone seen one?
View attachment 49278
According to Founders' release calendar, it should have gone out last week. Seeing it in some ny markets.

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
According to Founders' release calendar, it should have gone out last week. Seeing it in some ny markets.

Got a guy up in VT who will hold a couple of 4-packs of KBS and Bourbon county for me. My opinion, the Barrel Aged 10-Fiddy was better straight out of the can than a 1-year aged KBS. Bourbon County is better, and the Elijah Craig barrel aged Eclipse beats them all.

The Kalmyk

I think I have a photo of it somewhere on camera and also posted it on the other beer thread. Courage stout from Russia I recall being really good. Don't quote me here but I think on the bottle they encourage aging it.

qclabrat

I think I have a photo of it somewhere on camera and also posted it on the other beer thread. Courage stout from Russia I recall being really good. Don't quote me here but I think on the bottle they encourage aging it.
I heard the opposite that anything coming out of a barrel should be drunk soon, still I like it a little aged. I still have a 4 pack from 2 yrs ago, will do a comp between the 3 yrs when I get the 2017.

qclabrat

Got a guy up in VT who will hold a couple of 4-packs of KBS and Bourbon county for me. My opinion, the Barrel Aged 10-Fiddy was better straight out of the can than a 1-year aged KBS. Bourbon County is better, and the Elijah Craig barrel aged Eclipse beats them all.
please educate, what makes the Eclipse heads and shoulders? KBS and TenFiddy is very good, but at $8-10 a pop, is not a beer I'd buy frequently.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
please educate, what makes the Eclipse heads and shoulders? KBS and TenFiddy is very good, but at $8-10 a pop, is not a beer I'd buy frequently.
I haven't yet tried mine to tell you,
but I'm guessing at $25-$30/bomber,
the Eclipse line up isn't something you'll hit too often either...

The Kalmyk

I heard the opposite that anything coming out of a barrel should be drunk soon, still I like it a little aged. I still have a 4 pack from 2 yrs ago, will do a comp between the 3 yrs when I get the 2017.

Maybe so? It's not around anymore for me to confirm.

Top Bottom