What have you done to your bike today?

hotsauce

Might put a new derailleur hanger on soon too. The current one took many beatings this CX season and is currently in worse shape than Trump's White House right now.

TheLonerider

Well I didn't get to ride it much when i was done cause it rained, but today I finished assembling a custom steel road frame I brazed. As a cyclist this was something I've been looking forward to. I made the frame; a friend who runs shop made the fork (didn't think I could swing that). Roadbike, but clearance for up to 32mm tires and old school centerpulls.

Edit: for what its worth I never brazed or welded anything before in my life so some of the work isn't all that pretty. But it rides nice and I've already thought of things to improve on the next one...

Attachments

• 2-25-17-mybike2.jpg
    2-25-17-mybike2.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:

qclabrat

Project? It looks ready to go!
the guy had the levers swapped so it was tricky modulating the brakes. Test ride at Mianus Park earlier started pretty bad when I found out after hitting an obstacle that the stem was not tightened down. Almost did an otb and was waiting for the sound of cracking carbon. Fortunately, caught the bike with my shin and got rewarded with a nice bruise.

WP_20170306_17_46_07_Pro.jpg

I did manage to bust these ebay Ti pedals, can't seem to get them back on, may have stripped the bodies

WP_20170306_17_37_32_Pro.jpg

jackx

Time to give some love to the Road bike. Put on new cable housings and cables for brakes and shifters. Cleaned drivetrain. Need a new bottom bracket, so I'll be taking bike to the shop for that.

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
new project, couldn't pass up
out with the xtr drivetrain for XO and will investigate a 27.5 conversion. Bike pretty dope light at around 25 lbs. Lots of carbon and titanium bits
Silly price for that thing, enjoy it. I looked at it a dozen times like, man, that's a lot of bike for cheap.

qclabrat

26er wheel carousel yesterday
Coyote gets the Weirwolf
WP_20170311_22_25_48_Pro.jpg

Ellsworth with The Captain likes its new 9spd XO drivetrain
(daughter's bike now)
WP_20170311_22_26_57_Pro (2).jpg

Zaskar got bigger rubbers, 2.35 Hans in front and Gato 2.3 in rear. The Aspens were terrible anywhere near moisture. Might be able to get in 2.4/5 in rear but front probably 2.8 or larger. Has anyone seen these elusive 26+ tires/unicorns? Just want to know they exist.
WP_20170311_22_27_23_Pro.jpg

Karate Monkey

Has anyone seen these elusive 26+ tires/unicorns? Just want to know they exist.

Chunky Monkey 2.4
Mountain King 2.4
Trail King 2.4
Der Baron+Der Kaiser are 2.5, but they're DH tires and soooooo heavy
Dirt Wizard 2.7ish (rims might be a bit narrow, check your vertical clearance)
Gazzaloddi made a few 2.4-3.0, if you can find them NOS (doesn't pay to be early to the game, I guess).
Intense made a few 2.4-5 ish tires for freeriding, no longer produced.
CST makes a few 2.4s
Schwalbe Magic Mary 2.5 (downhill, though)

There are others out there...

Top Bottom