Wawayanda State Park Conditions

huffster

Was there this afternoon and it was great. Crunch covered in an inch of granular on top. The further away from the beach / furnace area the less foot traffic and the better the conditions. I was following in somebodies tracks for awhile

Kaleidopete

I rode rode trails in the park today and they are still brutal. There have only been 1 or 2 snowmobiles through and since then it snowed again. Hikers have helped pack it on some trails. What you get is the hard ice crust on top that caves in as you ride. Makes a loud rumbling sound too. I expect any minute to break through and go over the bars. Other than that you're riding in tread tracks that are chopped up ice and snow. It's doable, but not a fun ride. Come on out if you want to work for your ride!

Kaleidopete

Some trails today (Friday 17) Still lots of snow

Snowy trails03.jpg
Snowy trails04.jpg

Kaleidopete

@Kaleidopete How was that riding? Looks pretty doable, but a picture can be deceiving.
Wasn't riding today, just hiking.
Sticking more to the frozen center would be best, but the Fatty still might float pretty good on the sidelines. Early is better, it will be staying below freezing until late AM.

huffster

Wasn't riding today, just hiking.
Sticking more to the frozen center would be best, but the Fatty still might float pretty good on the sidelines. Early is better, it will be staying below freezing until late AM.

Thanks for the quick comeback.

Kaleidopete

Pretty crappy today, the trails are either frozen ice or a mix of mud and snow and ice.
The beach was fun, semi frozen and icy patches, but that's at 7 AM.
Find a better place to ride for a while.

Pumphouse trail

pumphouse22.jpg

The road is still cold with black ice, like entering a freezer.

Freezer.jpg

Kaleidopete

Some trails are good and some are not! A lot of ice is left and some rideable snow too.
It was fun riding the snowmobile tracks and only sinking about an inch, then you either
hit a soft spot or get a little off track and sink a good 3 to 4 inches and have to hit the power.
I still found places to make fresh tracks. I also rode the beach which is still semi-frozen. I had
a great time, but only did about 6 miles, so I wouldn't recomend the park for a great ride.

snow3.jpg

snow2.jpg

snow1.jpg

DownhillR3

You got balls crossing that.

Not sure if serious... lol. Although just out of frame, the second part of the rock bridge was also completely submerged. after the big tree on the right. While crossing that I was hoping not to mess up since it was only a mile into the ride. Didn't want wet feet. But my buddy had to walk it, he had wet feet.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions