Vegas - Anyone MTB out there?

bm1981

I've got a work trip for a conference that will take me out to Vegas for the better part of a week, I typically like to fly in on Saturday and go do something fun w/ a customer on Sunday. I've got a few customers that ride and I was going to start looking for a rental / guide company to take us out for 2-3 hours of trail time. Mcghie's is one company that is killing it on trip advisor but their website is lacking on trail description. I'm not looking to go epic, so nothing more technical than Chimney Rock but something more fun than just a dirt path. Looking some of the pics of the group riders they some look like it was their first time on a bike.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah Bootleg Canyon. That would be my suggestion. I wouldn't be surprised if it's improved from when I was there a few years ago.

Bootleg Canyon is down near the Hoover Dam, I believe it was a straight shot down the highway. There's lots of bike up/downhill down. Views of Vegas, weird twisty technical trails. It's on the side of a mountain of rock and shale that looks like a set out of a 60's Star Trek episode.

Should be easy to go rent a bike in town, do a few hours of Bootleg Canyon and then get back to Vegas for shower.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I am apparently going to be in Vegas in early March. I haven't really planned anything yet, but I'll probably rent a bike and get 2-4 days riding in. Early research suggests Bootleg Canyon is the place to be, but I'll probably look for some other stuff too.

THATmanMANNY

bootleg is dope!
Rollers, whoop dee do, berms, jumps, tech features. This was back in 2009? I cant even imagine what its like today.

the locals are awesome too and bike shop rented from. I got shuttled a couple time by the riders I ran into and rode with.

have fun!

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I did some riding in Red Rock canyon when I was out in Vegas back in the 80's. Nothing tech and nothing crazy. It was perfect for the talent I had back then. Enjoy

dmkalemba

Hey @bm1981 did you do your trip already? looking for feedback on trails and rentals... :) Looks like I'll be in vegas 3/20 - 25 might be able to squeeze in a few rides... @JimN is your trip still on?

ekuhn

I've never seen anyone on a bike next to the roulette tables, but anything is possible.

qclabrat

I did some riding in Red Rock canyon when I was out in Vegas back in the 80's. Nothing tech and nothing crazy. It was perfect for the talent I had back then. Enjoy
I've done a few loops in the park roads when my brother lived out there, but that was before I mtb'd so can't be of much help. Weather is awesome in Vegas in the winter, have fun.

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
Red Rock Canyon is really scenic, but the park is a lot bigger than what you are allowed to ride. Bootleg Canyon is better riding but it's pure desert. There's a bike shop right at the start of it where you can rent a bike, too!

bigtwin100

I've ridden Red Rocks also. It was great nothing too technical but was just cool. And hearing the Coyotes howling around dusk was awesome

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I reserved a bike from All Mountain Cyclery for Mon-Wed next week. It's a 27.5+, so it's gonna be weird riding skinny tires.

Top Bottom